Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    great kernal! Never cease to amaze me, my fiance is impressed even with her Evo haha. Keep up the great work. No bugs so far on day 1!
    Running for about 10 hours now with HEAVY usage and so far everything is a go. Will continue to test but very pleased with the rate at which the Cards load, camera app loads much more seamlessly, and temp seems to be consistently cool....EXCELLENT
    So far playing GBA games is now very smooth with the overclock, it makes them all very playable when some would barely run half speed with 500mhz.

Other PDK games run about the same speed as far as I can tell, but battery life has been just as good as with other kernels. So far I'm VERY impressed with this mod, and wondering how much higher the CPU can be clocked without abnormalities.
    well I installed a few days ago and I noticed some slight lag last night and today there's alot of lag and all I added to my already purfect phone was this kernel whitch I love btw I'm keepin it neway I was just wodering if anyone has had the same issue thanks
    the lag btw is wth the cards, web and launcher every thing else seems fine and if it helps I have a sprint refurb only my second phone sense launch day I broke the first cause I dropped it but neway let me know thanks again
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Fantastic. I'll post my results.
    So i deleted uberkernel and govnah, took out battery, reinstalled govnah and then installed F105, but i can not get it to go to 1ghz, it stays clocked at 500mhz. I don't have it plugged in to charge and i have taken out the battery and restarted the phone but it stays at 500mhz.
    What am i doing wrong?
    Went all day with the kernel without needing a recharge.

What the day looked like:

- 2 hours of solid web browsing
    - small number of text messages but I did send 2 MMS messages
    - Took a few pictures
    - Downloaded a few apps from Preware and the App catalog
    - Listened to music for an hour using NaNplayer
    - Streamed 1 hour podcast on the way home from work

I am experiencing a 5-10 second freeze every once in awhile. If I have a lot of cards open it can be longer. It never freezes completely, but it can be frustrating. Are any of the Pre Plus users seeing this random freezing?

EDIT: I was using Wi-Fi for 1 hour worth of web browsing. Everything else is on 3G.
    Last edited by NickDG; 06/25/2010 at 12:50 AM.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    so far so good i like what im seeing with this thing, i'll report back in 24 hours
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Great work.

* When the screen brightness is set to less than 5%, the speed stays at 500.

* As stated by someone else, speed does not change until the screen is turned off then on. This happens going up (from unplugging the charger) or going up when plugging in the charger.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Great work.

* When the screen brightness is set to less than 5%, the speed stays at 500.

* As stated by someone else, speed does not change until the screen is turned off then on. This happens going up (from unplugging the charger) or going up when plugging in the charger.
    I can confirm what tannyo said, Screen state thinks the screen is off when set to less then 5 for some reason. Could be a govnah issue and not the kernals fault but to be honest I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I can confirm what tannyo said, Screen state thinks the screen is off when set to less then 5 for some reason. Could be a govnah issue and not the kernals fault but to be honest I don't know.
    That is how the screenstate governor works.

-- Rod
    So its made to down clock the cpu when the screen is still on if you have it manually set to <5? That is a shame, I do not like my screen that bright I usually set it to 0 or 1 while setting the keyboard @ around 25 for the keyboard with brightness unlinked.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I'll admit I have not gone through 13 of the 16 pages of comments here, but I am curious if people have tested 105 on the AT&T Pre Plus and compared it to the results on the Sprint Palm Pre, just to see if there are other improvements beyond build quality, amount of RAM, etc.

So, has anyone had the chance to compare this on the AT&T Pre Plus vs. Sprint Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    So its made to down clock the cpu when the screen is still on if you have it manually set to <5? That is a shame, I do not like my screen that bright I usually set it to 0 or 1 while setting the keyboard @ around 25 for the keyboard with brightness unlinked.
    If it wasn't this way then people who have TS would be screwed since the screen stays on the whole time. It is a good feature along with the one that drops your cpu to 500mhz when plugged to a wall charger. Everything is for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I'll admit I have not gone through 13 of the 16 pages of comments here, but I am curious if people have tested 105 on the AT&T Pre Plus and compared it to the results on the Sprint Palm Pre, just to see if there are other improvements beyond build quality, amount of RAM, etc.

So, has anyone had the chance to compare this on the AT&T Pre Plus vs. Sprint Pre?
    Well there is of course a difference with more ram you can open a few more programs and compcache definitely helps out the sprint pre a lot more since we have 256mb ram. Other than that though I don't think there is much difference.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    so far a day and half in after webos doctor and install of thunderchief and all patches everything is so responsive lil to no lag at all where i did see some lag was on the menu megamix flashlight if i turned on let it sit screen pwred off and then i pwered screen back on it would lag when i would try to turn the flashlight off other then that everything opens very smoothly phone app opens instantly in comparison to stock pre where it took 5 sec or more to open now battery life is decent for the up in performance i would say i dont play games on my phone or anything like that just email text video now n then n pics thats about it overall im very pleased with this patch
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I got about 13 hours out of it with a stock Sprint Pre battery.

--Ran Sprint Nav for about an hour and 30 minutes of that was while Pandora was playing in the background.
    --30 minutes on Epocrates
    --Played 30 minutes of Real Tennis (I still suck though).
    --Surfed the web and email for about an hour on and off.
    --Made about 45 minutes worth of phone calls throughout the day.
    --Used an additional 30 minutes of Pandora while at the gym on top of the previously mentioned use.
    --Messed around with Preware for about 20 minutes
    --Attempted to open a few 3D games and kept numerous cards open in the back while doing some of the above.

Temperature Warning only went off after about 25 minutes of using Sprint Nav and Pandora at the same time, but I kept pushing it for another 10 minutes.. Otherwise, battery temp was about the same as 102. Not much of a battery difference from the 102. These were the results from my second day of use. I felt as if the radio interference was less too, occasionally I would lose signal but previous kernels. A stutter occasionally, but that is nothing new. Great work!!! I'm impressing iPhone people more and more because of the homebrew work...keep up the good work. Plus I converted my sister to the Pre Plus, but she isn't as savvy; so this isn't up her alley. She visited me last week and my overclocked Pre (800mhz/F102) was almost as fast as her Plus...stock Pre not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Day 2 update...

Everything is much faster than 800 scaling with F102. I did not have any heat issues but i also don't play any 3D games so i never have. Menus and apps all load faster. The camera is almost instantaneous to load, which is awesome. As always with these kernels, no TMC errors.

My only negative is battery life. With very mild use today (web browser and 1 app at times, no calls or games) i am going to just squeak by with making in through the entire day, about 15 hours. Thus, it performs more like the stock battery but on F102 i was getting almost double battery life (50% left with 15 hrs mild use).

I am also aware that my phone often takes time to 'digest' these kernels and in a few days my battery issues could improve significantly. All in all i'm loving the 1ghz speeds-- no major issues, great work!

Sprint Pre
    Screenstate 500/1005
    Standard battery
    As i expected, my Pre has now 'digested' this kernel and my battery levels are comparable to F102. That is, i generally see a 50% improvement daily over the stock kernel.

I used to barely make it a whole day on a full charge (on the stock kernel) and now i have around 40% left by end of day. I have had no freezing issues or otherwise.

Great work!!!