Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just got up to 56 degrees on the Touchstone. The phone was acting a bit slow - so I did a Luna Restart and dropped it on the Touchstone for ~30 min. The Temp warning went off a few times and when I went to check, it was 56 degrees. I shut down for 10 min and let it cool down and it seems fine now.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    my phone wont take this kernel it just automatically shuts down when i try and start it. i installed it on a freshly doctored sprint pre. any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by reese917 View Post
    Is there any better way to monitor CPU temp other than opening govnah? This is how everyone else is doing it... right?

-Reese
    I use Govnah in conjunction with Jason's Temp Warning patch. Be sure to get the latest version that monitors the actual CPU temp.
    HI! Maybe this question will not be new, but sorry could not find where exactly i can find F105 kernel? i want to install it and try to test. Thank you, just give me an idea pls where do i can get it from.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just a note that despite all the warnings (which are totally appropriate), this kernel is now using the WebOS Internals build infrastructure and packaging scripts, so is designed to be OTA-safe, designed to operate well with Govnah (if you don't forget that it is hard-coded to screenstate 500/1005 and compcache 20MB on each boot), and is fully revertable using the Palm recovery kernels in Preware.

Also, don't forget that screenstate will lock at 500MHz when the device is charging.

-- Rod
    have the f102 and f104 kernals been made ota safe?
    I am getting around 25% drain per hour running at 1 ghz with the screen always on and constant web browsing. This is similar to what I got at 800 mhz.

I am running the battery monitor all day and not going to use any of the Touchstones to see how it does for the day.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I am getting around 25% drain per hour running at 1 ghz with the screen always on and constant web browsing. This is similar to what I got at 800 mhz.

I am running the battery monitor all day and not going to use any of the Touchstones to see how it does for the day.
    Can anyone give an idea how i get F105? tnx
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    have the f102 and f104 kernals been made ota safe?
    f102 and f104a from the preware kernel test feed.
  9.    #269  
    The next user that asks how and where to get F105 I will pull the kernel.

Especially in a PM.
    lol

...whens the 1.2ghz kernal coming out?
    unixpsycho has spent a lot of his own time building these kernels, so guys & gals, if you're coming into the party late, show him the courtesy of going back & reading all the posts starting with the first post. If you have to ask all these questions about how to get the kernel, or why it's not showing up, then it wasn't meant for you to test it. This is a BLEEDING EDGE ALPHA TEST. Google is your friend, along with the forum's search function. I've had no problems testing any of his stuff, even if I don't always have time to post my results. The information is out there...
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I love this Kernel! 1 minute boot time is amazing! Although my temps have been okay with moderate use.

Now it's time to push it!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

Especially in a PM.
    really people? it had to come to this?

first your going to ask where it is, then you going to ask how to install it, then your going to ask why ****'s not working. just give it a rest and if it makes it way into uk then get ur hands on it. but if you are ****ing someone off with pm's and stupid posts its just time to stfu and stop and wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post

Especially in a PM.
    They really need a 'Tard' button next to the 'Thanks' button to identify these people.

For those that are having difficulty installing through Preware maybe this may help:

uNiXpSyChO

and scroll to the Bottom.

As 4wheels stated above, unixpsycho continues to refresh us with excellent kernels and other functions that does not present itself within a stock Pre WebOS device. I agree in the afformentioned statement in showing him the courtesy of doing jusssssss a lil bit mo research before coming into the thread with what are REASONABLE questions, but just not at 15-20 pages into the thread.
    I didn't think it was possible to be romantically involved with a kernel, but I think I might make an honest woman out of the Thud. This is absolutely fantastic, unixpsycho.

Current f105 observations (which are ongoing) relative to UK -43, on a Pre Plus running 1.4.1.1:

Idle CPU Temp: 31C vs. 38C
    CPU Temp after 2 minutes of H.264 video at 480x320: 40C vs. 45C
    Battery Drain after 3 hours (stationary, tested twice on each kernel): ~2.5%/hr vs. ~4%/hr

Before a throng of non-testers start asking for installation instructions again, bear in mind that my observations taken alone don't mean anything. Only after several observations under the (more or less) same conditions should anyone start drawing inferences about performance on their device.
    I've been using the kernel for a few days now and with various different testing styles it seems to hold up flawlessly. First off I have a first generation Palm Pre with a Seidio 2600 battery and my phone is far from stock with dozens of patches/homebrew (mode switcher)…etc…

First Impressions: no lag when loading the app catalog (the icon pic’s would always load constantly when scrolling) , preware also. Web pages seem to load much faster and smoother, speed slightly enhanced when opening a card but most noticeable speed improvements while apps up and running or pulling down tabs inside an app. No crashes, no luna restarts (except for the first initial Hard Reset when first loading kernel). Everything all in all is smooth sailing.

Some quick test I did:

First 30 minutes after install cpu temp hovering around 37-40C while on charger; using govnah at 500-1005 scaling. (Notable multitasking improved; noticeable speed enhancement)

Quick game Test 6mins online wifi :
    battery temp at start was at 32C and cpu temp at 35C while running battery monitor (30second intervals polling) had a 3.36% drain rate (2600battery) immediately after playing cpu temp up to 50C battery temp 39C; runs insanely smooth while playing…

Test Open cards 1hr 10min runtime: (10-14total) on wifi internet with 3 or more web pages surfing; including Datpiff streaming music using the phones speaker(medium volume) ; battery polling intervals set at 5 seconds the drain per hour was 12.45% ; screen was off for only 25mins of the time the rest of the 45 minutes screen was on brightness; average cpu temp 35C overall peaks up to 45C on heavy loading…

Thanks for you hard work hope this gives you a good insight…. Let me know if you would like more info
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-p..> 22-Jun-2010 13:07 6902
    org.webosinternals.kernels.psycho-f105-kernel-p..> 22-Jun-2010 13:14 2670776

I DID INSTALL ONLY THE ONE with size 2670776 - did i do correct ? or SHould i install 6902 as well ? Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post

I DID INSTALL ONLY THE ONE with size 2670776 - did i do correct ? or SHould i install 6902 as well ? Thank you
    This is the wrong place to ask questions about how to install a kernal. This kernal is in alpha testing and you dont sound like you can handle alpha testing at this point. Read other threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post

nevermind, got it