Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Im guess the easy fix for that is to uninstall both the kernel and govnah, then reinstall them both?

Or rather, uninstall and reinstall govnah?
    Or just select an appropriate profile in Govnah. No need to uninstall anything.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    any chance this kernel affects data connection?
    Yes. One of the reasons why Palm does not run the Pre at 600MHz is because it interferes with cellular reception. This is the case when running any device at frequencies for which it was not designed.

Think frequency harmonics ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I appreciate you clearing this up. I am reinstalling now and will remove all other stickies except for 500/1005. Great work on this kernal!!
    You don't need to remove anything. Just select (or create if needed) an appropriate profile.

-- Rod
    maybe?

i just started having problems receiving texts
  5.    #205  
    The sudden change of wind direction and sun spots can cause interference.

IMHO, and I know i'll get flamed for saying this, unless you are using the old 800Mhz digital service (~800-900 iirc) then it shouldnt interfere as most things are ~1900MHz.

But i'm no engineer... and i'm usually always wrong.
    Live free or DIE!
    ...at times ##DEBUG# shows I am connected to a 800mhz tower (i think).

data works fine on this kernal though
    unix: I have a question.

is 1ghz the max limit for a pre? Can we go beyond 1ghz?
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    unix: I have a question.

is 1ghz the max limit for a pre? Can we go beyond 1ghz?
    I am running 1.2GHz right now.
    Live free or DIE!
    booooo.... it was the kernel. removed it and texts work just fine.

bummer
    siiiiick, when will 1.2 be released? I want in!
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post

bummer
    not sure about your comment. when i 1st got a Pre last year i had texting problems.

and there were entire threads about it.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    not sure about your comment. when i 1st got a Pre last year i had texting problems.

and there were entire threads about it.
    i'll try re-installing and see if that works, was affecting cell calls as well. it showed full bars, but when i tried to call anyone or my v/m it said network busy. after i uninstalled, it worked fine
    Holy Carp!

What is the absolute Max freq the Pre Proccesor can thoretically run at?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Holy Carp!

What is the absolute Max freq the Pre Proccesor can thoretically run at?
    theoretically id assume as fast as you'd want to push it, no guarantees on it not exploding tho
    theoretically id assume as fast as you'd want to push it, no guarantees on it not exploding tho
    Like it was stated earlier

the 800Mhz was pointless because I/O bottlenecks elsewhere on the SoC would give you rapidly diminishing performance returns on increased clock speed. Was going to 1Ghz just for sh*ts and giggles, or is there an increase in performance corresponding to the increased clock speed? One way or the other, I look forward to installing this if it ever reaches a "stable" state

bummer
    It's not the kernel's fault.

It's the frequency at which you are choosing to run your device causing individual device specific frequency harmonics at frequencies determined by the combinations of many electronic components each with their own level of manufacturing variation within design tolerances and just happening to interfere with the specific cellular channel frequency (each band has many slightly different frequencies) and potentially causing problems if the distance from the tower, or other instantaneous error sources, or number of other users and the WCDMA code patterns allocated to their phones for that instantaneous connection all just happen to line up in a way that is outside of the design limits.

Put simply, irrespective of what the CEO of HP says, it is an engineering miracle that mobile phones work at all, and screwing with stuff breaks the magic.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's not the kernel's fault.

It's the frequency at which you are choosing to run your device causing individual device specific frequency harmonics at frequencies caused by the combinations of many electronic components each with their own level of manufacturing variation within design tolerances and just happening to interfere with the specific cellular channel frequency (each band has many slightly different frequencies) and potentially causing problems if the distance from the tower, or other instantaneous error sources, or number of other users and the WCDMA code patterns allocated to their phones for that instantaneous connection all just happen to line up in a way that is outside of the design limits.

-- Rod
    i....... uh... Yes. Yes sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Like it was stated earlier
    that was about the lack of performance gain for going beyond 800mhz... it doesn't stop you from pushing it past that as the 1ghz and apparently 1.2ghz kernels show
    i dont know about everyone else, but i think my pre is ready for 1.2GHz NOW!!!
    :-)