Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I have some questions. This will be my first time for this. I read forum UberKernel is safer than Compcatche. Is it true or user expierence.
    Next one I have installed patches. Can I install UberKernel or must remove patches than install UberKernel or Compcatche?
    Thanks a lot.
    P.S. Installed patches:
    Character counter
    Add Move to Folder Button (Mail)
    Bookmarks list button
    Default to Month View
    Fasted Card Animation
    Glass Effect
    New Card Button
    Palm Carrier String
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    You can install uberkernel anytime -no need to uninstall patches.

i don't really have an answer on the compcache/uberkernel bit...sorry. I have the Uberkernel & Govnah installed. I even have the beta Govnah that is testing and from what I understand, it has Compcache as part of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    I have some questions. This will be my first time for this. I read forum UberKernel is safer than Compcatche. Is it true or user expierence.
    You don't have to remove patches.

Psyco's Compcache kernel is considered more experimental. As features get worked out and made more ***** proof they are added to the Uberkernel. Unless you are adventurous, you should stick with Uber and use Govnah to control it.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Thanks for help. Work laik charm... I love my Pre more than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    UberKernel and F102A/F104A are developed by the same team, and the next version of UberKernel will include the compcache kernel modules that have been tested in the F10x stream, while the F10x development stream moves on to higher clock frequencies.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals