Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I have been searching for three days straight for a post about the different GOVNAH settings that folks are using for the Uber Kernel. Please keep this post to JUST the settings for the Govnah app and nothing else. I really want to see what other people are doing out there so we can all optimize our PRE experience.
  2. #2  
    I use a Conservative governor with a top speed of 720. Just seems to me that 720 is a little safer and more reliable than 800. Gives a nice performance boost and no worries (for me).

    conservative
    min freq = 500
    max freq = 720
    sampling rate = 1 second
    sampling factor = 1
    up threshold = 50%
    down threshold = 20%
    ignore nice load = false
    freq step = 25%
  3. #3  
    Some good thoughts and info here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...berkernel.html
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4. #4  
    Governor: Screenstate
    Min: 500
    Max: 800

    I've experimented with other governors and they don't provide the same fluid experience. Truthfully, the CPU doesn't even consume that much battery in comparison to data radios so I went for what was best temperature wise as well as "some" data conservation while not in use.

    The reason for not going as low as 125/250 clock speeds is because I heard that it could actually harm your battery life. The reasoning behind it is that if you have a lower clock speed then whenever the data radio is pulling data then the lower clock speed would force the data radio to stay on longer which in turn consumes more battery. I don't know if that made sense, but it seems plausible to me. Plus I had a one second wake up time whenever I hit the power button with 125MHz.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. #5  
    Screenstate 250/800
    Compcache: TRUE
    Memlimit: 16MB
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  6. #6  
    Screenstate 125/800
    Compcache: TRUE
    Memlimit: 16MB
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Governor: Screenstate
    Min: 500
    Max: 800

    I've experimented with other governors and they don't provide the same fluid experience. Truthfully, the CPU doesn't even consume that much battery in comparison to data radios so I went for what was best temperature wise as well as "some" data conservation while not in use.

    The reason for not going as low as 125/250 clock speeds is because I heard that it could actually harm your battery life. The reasoning behind it is that if you have a lower clock speed then whenever the data radio is pulling data then the lower clock speed would force the data radio to stay on longer which in turn consumes more battery. I don't know if that made sense, but it seems plausible to me. Plus I had a one second wake up time whenever I hit the power button with 125MHz.

    I may think about adjusting to something above 250 then.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    I may think about adjusting to something above 250 then.
    Don't take my word. Experiment on your own with it.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9. arcane's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #9  
    Yeah, I've been at Screenstate 125/800 since I installed the UberKernel and haven't notice reduced battery life. i'll try something higher as my min and see if battery life increases.
    ---
    ---

    launch-day pre: the original gangsta.

    twitter / posterous
  10. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Screenstate 250/800
    Compcache: TRUE
    Memlimit: 16MB
    I wanna ask about Memilimit, the more MB is the no more "Too Many Cards" error?
  11. #11  
    Been really happy with Conservative, 500 min, 720 max with 50% step. Battery life has been great and apps open quickly and scroll smoothly.
  12. #12  
    Screenstate 250/720

    I don't notice a difference between 720 and 800. 250 still streams Slacker fine when I'm on the treadmill. I'm hoping that being at 250 for 80% of the 24 hour day will help the phone last longer. No proof, just hope.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    I wanna ask about Memilimit, the more MB is the no more "Too Many Cards" error?
    16 is probably more than you'll need. I had 20+ cards opened and no problems (just as a test).
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    I wanna ask about Memilimit, the more MB is the no more "Too Many Cards" error?
    True, but the more MB, the more slugishness you can expect as swapping (compressing) pages will increase as the free memory decrease. I suggest you stay with the default of 16MB.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane View Post
    Yeah, I've been at Screenstate 125/800 since I installed the UberKernel and haven't notice reduced battery life. i'll try something higher as my min and see if battery life increases.
    unless your using the test feed. Uber has not been able to drop below 500 for screenstate until the newest test kernal came out that has compcache built in (have to use the newest Gonah as well).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Been really happy with Conservative, 500 min, 720 max with 50% step. Battery life has been great and apps open quickly and scroll smoothly.
    That's been my experience with that one too. I have consistently used the Performance Govnah Setting but battery does seem to drain about 3% faster with it on - but WOW!, the performance is lightning fast.
  17. jp22382's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #17  
    Screenstate
    Min: 250
    Max: 720

    Using the 'F104 Starfighter' Compache kernel.

    Haven't done any serious battery comparisons yet.

    Min: 125 doesn't work out too well, if you receive a call when the screen is off, it almost doesn't wake up in time for you to answer it.

    With Min: 250, it is responsive enough to not hinder performance while the screen is off. Calls come through timely and music seems to play just fine.
  18. #18  
    Screenstate
    Min: 250
    Max: 720

    Using UberKernel 1.4.1-21

    Battery life seems comparable, but that is based more on a feeling than any real scientific observation.

    No problems at all so far.
  19. #19  
    is there a setting that will help reduce the TMC error? All I want to do is be able to play Eartworm Jim and still have other cards open. I've been playing around with the different settings for a while now and I still can't find that happy place
  20. mk3
    mk3 is offline
    mk3's Avatar
    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    #20  
    Screenstate 800/500
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions