1.    #1  
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

In the UK the BBC offer a catchup service for their radio and TV programmes called iPlayer.

This is mainly a web based service and generally uses flash.

However, they do encode in different formats for different platforms.

I have been able to access their iPhone content by using the change-user-agent hack. The website displays beautifully but won't actually start streaming on my Pre.

In theory the stream should be supported by the Pre as it is H264 based.

Is there anyone out there who would be interested in looking at it to see if there is a solution which would get it working?

This wiki might be of some help.
    Uninstall the iphone spoof patch and direct your browser at TVCatchup Mobile
    Look here for the tv guide TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again
  3.    #3  
    Yep, I'm aware of TV catchup. As far as I can see though it only streams live TV and, in my experience, not very well on the Pre.

I'm really after getting the iPhone version of the iPlayer working on the Pre. This would give a wide range of BBC TV and Radio broadcasts on demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    Yep, I'm aware of TV catchup. As far as I can see though it only streams live TV and, in my experience, not very well on the Pre.

I'm really after getting the iPhone version of the iPlayer working on the Pre. This would give a wide range of BBC TV and Radio broadcasts on demand.
    Oh right, thought you were after live tv. Personally I find it streams really well and has great quality over both wifi and 3g.

I think you really need to talk to whoever maintains iplayer on iphone becuase I don't think just tweaking how the pre streams will get it working. I could be wrong though.
    hrm... i need a uk proxy so it will think i live in the uk
    TV catchup is hit and miss for me, but like the OP I want to catch up on missed programs I though installing the patch would work but as above nice looking website but the click to play just don't work surely there are a few UK developers who would love to have the iplayer on thier Palm phone... no????

Failing that do you think the normal iplayer will work when the flash app eventually comes out?