Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsharp View Post
    It's very interesting how overwhelming the push for a timed trial app is. If I hadn't asked I would've suspected that a "lite" version was the way to go, and that people would rather have the choice of a fully free app as well.
    Don't misunderstand, I believe a lot of us do like having the "lite" option for some things, particularly apps where the reduced functionality in the free version is all we really need. This is nice for casual gamers, too. For example, I have fun with the limited versions of Orbland and Paratrooper, and they're great for showing off the accelerometer, but a couple of levels is a nice diversion and all I really need.

It's just that those use cases don't convert to sales, and aren't always as creative as Outline Tracker in offering a "full, but limited" preview for those who may be interested in buying the full version. A fully-featured trial version is the simple answer that provides the potential buyer with the best information up front and the developer with the most sales potential.

I believe that as a developer and webOS enthusiast you have to decide whether your goal is to maximize the number of people using your app or the number of people paying for it and adjust your strategy accordingly.

Good luck! Look forward to seeing what you have for us.
  2.    #22  
    For those of you who are curious, the app is Suburbly UK and will hopefully be approved soon. A trial version should follow shortly

Suburbly
    My apps:
    ReWeather - Attractive weather app that reflects current conditions
    Suburbly UK (trial version) - Search for properties to rent, share or buy all over UK.

Twitter: @joshsharp / @recursivemedia
    7 day trial
  4.    #24  
    Agreed, and there is a Suburbly UK Trial (which is a 10-day trial) in the App Catalog

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...urbly-uk-trial
    My apps:
    ReWeather - Attractive weather app that reflects current conditions
    Suburbly UK (trial version) - Search for properties to rent, share or buy all over UK.

Twitter: @joshsharp / @recursivemedia
    Simple answer... "YES"

I don't even bother with an app unless i can try a free version or get the paid version from torrent to try it. Because I "WILL NOT" dish out cash even $.99 for an app that i don't end up liking. I am what you call a smart shopper.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    lite and full cheap to start buzz.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12