1.    #1  
    AT&T Developer Program | An Introduction to Palm webOS

An Introduction to Palm webOS

Who Should Attend:
    From beginners to developers with intermediate knowledge of mobile development, this session will benefit anyone looking to build a new mobile application or those interested in easily porting existing mobile applications to a new platform for greater distribution.

All actual attendees can enter to win an AT&T Smartphone. Winner will be notified via email after the Webcast.

When:
    Thursday, June 17, 10-11 AM Pacific Time

Access instructions will be sent to registered attendees prior to the start of the webcast.

Join us and discover:

If you can build a Web page, you can build a webOS application. That's the beauty of Palm webOS platform, which is based entirely on open Web standards such as HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript. Designed around an incredibly fast and elegant user experience and optimized for multitasking, webOS makes it simple to run background applications, to switch between applications in a single step, and to handle interruptions and events without losing context. This next-generation platform integrates the power of a window-based operating system with the simplicity of a browser. Applications are built using standard Web technologies and languages but have access to device-based services and data.

Palm webOS is designed to run on a variety of hardware with different screen sizes, resolutions, and orientations. It works with or without keyboards and works best with a touch panel, though it doesn't require one. Because the user interface and application model are built around a Web browser, the range of suitable hardware platforms is wide. Palm webOS requires only a CPU, some memory, a wireless data connection, a display, and a means for interacting with the UI and for entering text.

WebOS applications are built using common Web development tools following typical design and implementation practices for AJAX applications. But webOS applications are installed and run directly on the device just like any native application.

What you will learn:

In this introduction, you will learn the basics of webOS and more. By the end of this session, you will know how to develop and distribute webOS applications quickly and easily.

For information on how to get started with Palm webOS right away, please go to: developer.palm.com

Registration is required

Presenter:

Josh Marinacci, Developer Advocate, Palm Developer Relations
    'Josh Marinacci is a Developer Advocate for Palm webOS as well as a blogger and coauthor of Swing Hacks (O'Reilly Media). He previously worked on JavaFX, Swing, and NetBeans, and he was the client lead for the Java Store at Sun Microsystems. Josh lives in Eugene, Oregon, and is passionate about open source technology and great user interfaces. He uses a Palm Pre, MacBook Pro, and Nikon D50 SLR to spread the understanding of great design in software.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  2.    #2  
    All actual attendees can enter to win an AT&T Smartphone. Winner will be notified via email after the Webcast.

There's really just two smartphones to choose from, Pre + or Pixi +.
    In my opinion, the rest don't qualify .....
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 06/11/2010 at 02:07 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  3.    #3  
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post

There's really just two smartphones to choose from, Pre + or Pixi +.
    In my opinion, the rest don't qualify .....
    haha i said this to someone and they said "it'd be alittle insulting if the winner chose something other then a palm phone after winning at a palm event " lol
  5.    #5  
    bump
  6.    #6  
    Bump.
    Last one, the webcast is this Thursday!
    I will tweet about it tomorrow morning (from the @precentral account) remind me if u can on @mahootzki or mahootzki@precentral.net
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Sweet! Got my registration confirmation. Looking forward to it.