1.    #1  
    First, let me state that I am an avid Palm Pre Plus user and do not plan on getting an iPhone. However, I am working on becoming a developer of webOS apps (HP, don't let me down!). It would be nice if I could take the apps I develop and port them to iPhone and maybe Android just to increase the revenue possibilities. I don't really want to learn C++, and I don't want to have to write an app from scratch just to send it to Apple.

So - I know PDK will allow iPhone apps to port to webOS. Is there anything that will port webOS apps to iPhone? Or Android?

Thanks!
    take a look at phonegap and appcelerator titanium.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtarvin View Post
    I don't really want to learn C++, and I don't want to have to write an app from scratch just to send it to Apple.

So - I know PDK will allow iPhone apps to port to webOS. Is there anything that will port webOS apps to iPhone? Or Android?
    If you write apps for the PDK, they should port to the iPhone. You will need to learn Objective C or C++ though.
  4.    #4  
    ADGrant - Thanks. Unfortunately, having to learn C++ and Objective-C was precisely what I hoped to avoid.

UnfairSurprisery - Thanks, I'll check them out. But, following up on what ADGrant said, will I have to learn Objective C or C++ with either of those apps?
    you can do it using phonegap. However, you'll be limited to the services that phonegap exposes (basicly, none). But if you don't need to access phone's databases or hardware, you'll be fine.
    you can do it using phonegap. However, you'll be limited to the services that phonegap exposes (basicly, none). But if you don't need to access phone's databases or hardware, you'll be fine.
    Keep in mind that Apple doesn't want you using cross-platform stuff, there's a new clause in the developer agreement that prevents you from using things like Flash, Phonegap, etc. to develop your apps with.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Keep in mind that Apple doesn't want you using cross-platform stuff, there's a new clause in the developer agreement that prevents you from using things like Flash, Phonegap, etc. to develop your apps with.
    True, they have a tendency to reject apps build with cross platform tools. Also, it might be hard to compete with similar apps developed using the Apple nnative tools.
    You're really better off learning iPhone development, then porting your apps to webOS. If you don't, the way to "port" your apps is to write them in Javascript for webOS, rewrite them in Objective C for iPhone, and rewrite them again in Java for Android.