1.    #1  
    Hi guys.,

i want to start to develop apps for webOS. But i dont know which software i need. Could someone help me?
    so, what i already have is:
    - a PC with win7 32-bit
    -Visual Studio 2010 proffesional
    - a Palm Pre

So,what for Software i need too? And what i have to know about it?

For the last i want to say:
    -I want to develop the apps with C++
    -I want to develop it with windows
    -I want to develop the apps for the offical appcatalog. (if that isn't possible, i will develop homebrew apps)

MFG

Karotte

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You can get everthing you need from this link:

https://developer.palm.com/

You can develop WebOS apps on a Windows PC, Mac, or Linux machine. All the development tools are freely available from the web. You might also check out the Ares App Builder from Palm which can help speed up your app construction.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    you may also want to checkout webos-internals.org and webos101.com

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
  5.    #5  
    ok, i've looked a little bit around on developer.palm.com and i found a "tutorial" how to install and use the PDK, but i don't understand it. (no, its not my english). So i can i develop with Visual Studio? Can somone made me a step by step introduction? Please?

EDIT: Ares is supporting C++ now? That would be new for me. @cohoman
    Last edited by karotte_; 06/10/2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by karotte_ View Post
    ok, i've looked a little bit around on developer.palm.com and i found a "tutorial" how to install and use the PDK, but i don't understand it. (no, its not my english). So i can i develop with Visual Studio? Can somone made me a step by step introduction? Please?

Both Ares and the PDK are relatively new, so you'll need to do some digging to find out how to use them effectively for WebOS development. I suggest you watch the developer videos on the palm developer site which were recorded from the recent Palm Developer Day. One of the videos should cover Ares, while the other the PDK.

Also, check out the Palm developer forums under the PDK subgroup.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by karotte_ View Post

No you cannot use Visual Studio and no Ares does not support C++.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    You need Eclipse and the SDK. That is all.
    How easy is it to port PalmOS apps to webOS? Can it even be done?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    How easy is it to port PalmOS apps to webOS? Can it even be done?
    It cannot. There is always the Classic app.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    developer.palm.com has all of the information you need to get started. If you have any issues, the developer forums there have a lot of knowledgeable people and engineers from Palm.

For the PDK, you can use Visual Studio. There is a sample app called simple that has a VS project. You can look at it to see some of what is involved.

For the SDK( HTML, CSS, and Javascript), there are many ways to build an app. I use Jetbrains's WebStorm and the commandline tools to build the app. To debug, I use the AresDebug which is at ares.palm.com/AresDebug.