Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Back in mid-May, a new Beta release of webOS was made available for developers to test their apps.

http://www.precentral.net/confirmed-...pixi-webos-145

Whatever happened to that release?
    http://www.precentral.net/predevcamp...terviews-audio

(Speaking of, an anonymous tipster has let us know that 1.4.5 has been finalized and went out to carriers for testing and approval last week)
  3. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    oops..
    Last edited by ird; 06/08/2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: foot in mouth
    2nd article on the front page of Precentral...

Hit up the file below to hear Duane interview all of the above, including Palm's own Ben Combee, who confirms that webOS 1.4.5 is coming very soon and will bring full-screen PDK support to the Palm Pixi.

(Speaking of, an anonymous tipster has let us know that 1.4.5 has been finalized and went out to carriers for testing and approval last week)

From all published comments, it won't bring any noticeable changes except PDK apps to the Pixi. Maybe some minor bug fixes. Nothing to get too excited about.
  5.    #5  
    Soooo, the answer is nobody knows?
    I think it's great that Palm's just releasing feature-less, bug-fixing, battery -improving updates. it should make our phones run smoother :3
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    No. The answer is "very soon".
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No. The answer is "very soon".
    maybe the answer is nobody really knows ??!?!! ha ha lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    maybe the answer is nobody really knows ??!?!! ha ha lol
    If anyone would know, it would be the Forum Leaders. Lets go find one and ask...... Oh.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    2nd article on the front page of Precentral...

Hit up the file below to hear Duane interview all of the above, including Palm's own Ben Combee, who confirms that webOS 1.4.5 is coming very soon and will bring full-screen PDK support to the Palm Pixi.

From all published comments, it won't bring any noticeable changes except PDK apps to the Pixi. Maybe some minor bug fixes. Nothing to get too excited about.
    Seriously, if this release only brings a couple minor bug fixes I think I am gonna 'bug' out!! How long have we waited for this update?? If palm wants to keep up with their peers, who by the way they are way behind of, they need this update to be substantial!! Hello! The new iphone is coming out the end of this month!!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    It's coming soon......not for vz tho...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    Seriously, if this release only brings a couple minor bug fixes I think I am gonna 'bug' out!! How long have we waited for this update?? If palm wants to keep up with their peers, who by the way they are way behind of, they need this update to be substantial!! Hello! The new iphone is coming out the end of this month!!
    I wish the next update is going to be a big one too, but we've known for a while that 1.4.5 is going to be a small update almost entirely focused on PDK apps.

Maybe next time lol
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I can't wait, this is better then getting a shmeevo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    I think it's great that Palm's just releasing feature-less, bug-fixing, battery -improving updates. it should make our phones run smoother :3
    Talk about "glass half full" thinking.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Talk about "glass half full" thinking.
    really? I took that as sarcasm!
    so really... what does the 1.4.5 update offers for the pre?
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    Then this would be the glass half empty type of mentality.
    Dan
    look in app catalog for program 'note to self'

the author mentions new fix update to address issues in 1.45 in his words 'will update soon'

looks like it's near
    I take an optimistic view on 1.4.5.

Look at it this way: 1.4 was released in late February, and it's now early June - if they release 1.4.5 at the end of June then that's a good 4 months of work on WebOS.

We all know that Palm is not a lazy company, they won't have been sitting round twiddling their thumbs. I don't expect we'll see a huge update in terms of features, but four months of working to improve 1.4 has got to yield some cool results.

I'm just gonna look forward to it, and enjoy whatever benefits it brings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast