Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    The 1.5 update for Wifi Media Sync was released into the App Catalog today, bringing 2-way syncing to the Palm Pre to allow you to easily sync files to and from your PC. The app has been 40% off the last week and a half, and the user response has been overwhelming.


    The question I pose today: Is 5.99 still too much for Wifi Media Sync? Is it too cheap? What can we do to improve the app/experience?

    Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  2. #2  
    I've been following this app for a long time. But always found it to be too expensive. Right now... I think it is still a bit high, but it was $3.99 for a limited time or something I would buy it. I have seen many reviews that state that the initial setup on the PC is kind of hard so that is kind of holding me back a bit too.
  3. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #3  
    I think you need a trial period of a few days.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I've been following this app for a long time. But always found it to be too expensive. Right now... I think it is still a bit high, but it was $3.99 for a limited time or something I would buy it. I have seen many reviews that state that the initial setup on the PC is kind of hard so that is kind of holding me back a bit too.
    Well I for one purchased this app yesterday after I noticed that it now has 2-way syncing.

    I was able to set the app up in about 5 minutes with no problems what so ever, it was easy to do IMHO and I am no geek when it comes to the computer.

    As far as cost is concerned, I can appreciate the work that goes into building all these cool apps for our phones and as long as the developer keeps up with good useful updates, the $5.99 price is well worth the convenience of wireless syncing.

    Just my two cents.
  5. #5  
    i would like to buy it but in europe iyls still very expensive. I hope you release a cheaper version
  6. #6  
    it's a bit much, but okay I'll buy it ! :0)

    No! Wait I can't... I'm outside the "zone".... What a shame...
    WebOS still makes sense.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    it's a bit much, but okay I'll buy it ! :0)

    No! Wait I can't... I'm outside the "zone".... What a shame...
    Zone? I thought Europe support for the App Catalog was accessible across all countries?

    What zone are you in? Is is a warp zone? If so, choose 4.
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  8. mparsons's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #8  
    I've been waiting for a simple, inexpensive, two-way sync solution for the Pre. $10 was too much, especially for one-way syncing. So when it hit $6 and added two-way sync I decided maybe it would fulfill those requirements and purchased it. I had tried Doubletwist, and never got it to function correctly on my machine (won't read my media library). Other solutions seemed more complex than what I needed (like they would sync only music playlists -- which I don't use much -- where I just wanted to quickly indicate certain music, photo, video, or doc folders to keep in sync). So, far the app is working flawlessly for me. It runs well in the background both on my laptop and the Pre. The client asks for some info at setup that takes a couple of minutes: your computer's IP (which it flashes on the screen for you), selecting a password for the Pre (you can have multiple WebOS device IDs and passwords), and selecting folders to sync. That's it.
  9. #9  
    Offer a 7-day trial or a free lite version. If it works as advertised then sell if for $3.99.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10. #10  
    The UI seems a bit too simplistic which troubles me. I have close to 900 songs as well as 700+ photos on my device. Does the app allow me to preview files like images before I sync? Or categorize what type of files I want to sync? I would love a trial to determine it's robustness.
  11. #11  
    Does "2-way sync" imply I can select one or more directories on the phone and the app will keep them in sync with corresponding directories on my PC? (Think backup for phone.) Or, is this just a one-way from PC to phone, and another one-way from phone to PC?
  12. #12  
    I think it's way too much, but I bought it anyway. Haven't had time to mess with it. With DrPodder and Pandora, I don't put much media on my phone any more...
  13. #13  
    By going to a lower price, uld you leverage the contest? COuld contest winnings be more than app fees?

    - Craig
  14.    #14  
    As you can see, we listened to your feedback, and went even lower to the 3.99 pricepoint!!

    I hope this sits well with many of you on the fence on whether to try Wifi Media Sync. Feel free to send us feedback, as this product will only get better and better, with the Palm version leading the way!!!

    Thanks for all your feedback!


    Have a friend that has an Android phone? Let them know Wifi Media Sync is on it's way!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    As you can see, we listened to your feedback, and went even lower to the 3.99 pricepoint!!

    I hope this sits well with many of you on the fence on whether to try Wifi Media Sync. Feel free to send us feedback, as this product will only get better and better, with the Palm version leading the way!!!

    Thanks for all your feedback!


    Have a friend that has an Android phone? Let them know Wifi Media Sync is on it's way!
    I bought it last week for $3.99 Any chance in adding profiles for synching with different computers?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I bought it last week for $3.99 Any chance in adding profiles for synching with different computers?
    WMS is actually designed to sync with multiple PCs... were you suggesting the ability to save the ip address and password? Send me some more info, as I would love to hear your ideas!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  17. #17  
    nice price, I am on it.
  18. #18  
    i got it the other day, needed to sync about 45 songs with my phone and didnt wanna get up and get my cable lol
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    i got it the other day, needed to sync about 45 songs with my phone and didnt wanna get up and get my cable lol
    syncing music and pics from my PC in my office to my pre while it is charging over night on my touchstone rocks!

    We are throwing around future enhancements...after "auto sync" for phone-to-pc is in place, we are throwing around the idea of a playlist creator, printing capabilities, possibly cloud base integration... thoughts?
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    syncing music and pics from my PC in my office to my pre while it is charging over night on my touchstone rocks!

    We are throwing around future enhancements...after "auto sync" for phone-to-pc is in place, we are throwing around the idea of a playlist creator, printing capabilities, possibly cloud base integration... thoughts?
    If you get some auto-sync in place, then I will be hooked. I currently have WinSCP hooked up to my Pre through homebrew so I already have a wireless transfer option. If I can designate directories to be synced automatically whenever I reach my wi-fi at home or when I hit the touchstone, then I would snatch this up. Easy way to keep my music synced without any input but moving my music around on my PC.

    My two cent


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions