Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I like the enhancements you have coming. I like the app but please don't discount it anymore I purchased it earlier and have no regrets but people will probably start thinking if they just wait you out it will keep going down in price. I feel that people that want the functionality this app provides will not have a problem spending your asking price. You forward to evo syncing.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I like the enhancements you have coming. I like the app but please don't discount it anymore I purchased it earlier and have no regrets but people will probably start thinking if they just wait you out it will keep going down in price. I feel that people that want the functionality this app provides will not have a problem spending your asking price. You forward to evo syncing.
    I was waiting when the early adopters would speak out on this thread!

This is the last pricedrop you will see during the sale, get it while it's hot!

FYI: 1.5.1 update is in the queue...addresses the horrible "swipe back to the connect screen" navigation everybody has been complaining about
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    It needs the ability to sync over a lan. My work laptop has wifi and i have a wifi nwk at home but my desktop is wired. sure would be nice to sync to it. any future plans for this feature? BTW, just bought it tonight so i can sync at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Funny how you say that and now the app is only two dollars! Gimme gimme gimme

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Can it do bulk syncing? I have 450 photos in my photo roll and I want to offload them to my PC.... having trouble finding an option like this.

If I can't do this I think I just wasted 2 dollars. =(
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have WiFi PC client running, refreshed the IP address, all seems fine.

I can browse pending files that are in the folder on my pc from my pre.

When I click on "Upload Pending Files", I get the following error message:

Upload Disabled On PC

Upload has been disabled on this PC. Enable uploading using WiFi Media Sync PC Client on your PC and reconnect to upload files.

Perhaps I am using the app wrong, can you tell me what is happening?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have WiFi PC client running, refreshed the IP address, all seems fine.

I can browse pending files that are in the folder on my pc from my pre.

When I click on "Upload Pending Files", I get the following error message:

Upload Disabled On PC

Upload has been disabled on this PC. Enable uploading using WiFi Media Sync PC Client on your PC and reconnect to upload files.

Perhaps I am using the app wrong, can you tell me what is happening?
    I had this problem initially. Did you add a folder and check enable phone to Pc Syncing(in Phone to PC settings)? Also consider closing out the desktop client(via tray icon) and relaunching it. Also consider closing and relaunching the WebOS app. I actually had a big password issue initially and this solved it.
    bought it and now can't use it because my desktop is a mac. can this be run on a mac and if so , how?
  9. c4r
    Just bought it today. Am trying to get it to work in Windows XP (via VMware Fusion on a Mac). Should be pretty standard. Installed desktop client. Assigned a sync folder. But when I press 'Connect' on the Pre, nothing happens. There's not many settings...but can't get it to work. Too bad...seems like a nice app...if I could get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    bought it and now can't use it because my desktop is a mac. can this be run on a mac and if so , how?
    You won't find many apps designed for Windows to support Mac, because in order to develop for Mac, you must own a Mac. And in order to own a Mac, the developer must invest in it. Most Windows devs either develop for Windows because of one of these reasons:

1. They own a Windows PC and use Windows -- convenience and no extra cost to develop
    2. They are hired to develop for Windows and the contractor pays for their Windows dev machine, or #1 also applies to them

The same two reasons apply for Mac, except you replace all occurrences of the word Windows with Mac.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by c4r View Post
    Just bought it today. Am trying to get it to work in Windows XP (via VMware Fusion on a Mac). Should be pretty standard. Installed desktop client. Assigned a sync folder. But when I press 'Connect' on the Pre, nothing happens. There's not many settings...but can't get it to work. Too bad...seems like a nice app...if I could get it to work.
    I am not sure how VMWare handles it, but you probably need to bridge the connections from within your Mac.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    bought this app today. I love it! Possiblt the best app out right now!
    I would buy at 3.99. I've been watching it for a while, but its just not interesting enough yet. Also, if it had auto sync, then I would buy it for more for sure!

EDIT: Never mind, I read mamouton's post and bought it like, JUST NOW. Mamouton's words are like jewel encrested gold bars, carried in a flying chariot driven by Chuck Norris, and his team of magic zebras.

Also I realized its actually at 3.99 now, which is a plus.
    Last edited by AdmiralRaptor; 06/20/2010 at 11:14 PM.
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Funny how you say that and now the app is only two dollars! Gimme gimme gimme
    I don't think the half off sale is in Canada
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    WMS is actually designed to sync with multiple PCs... were you suggesting the ability to save the ip address and password? Send me some more info, as I would love to hear your ideas!
    Yes, I want to be able to save the IP's and passwords so I don't have to retype them again. Plus label names for example:

Home
    Work
    etc..
    Might I recommend to the developer that you make the desktop client in PHP with Appcelerator Titanium (the free version), as PHP allows for socket use and you can then allow people on Windows, Linux, and Mac to use the program.
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    For Mac, try Missing Sync. It's nifty. Bit pricier, though.
    is there any kind of video to show how this app works?

I've used syncing apps before and they often seem to disappoint with limitations and usability nuances.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    For Mac, try Missing Sync. It's nifty. Bit pricier, though.
    Er, at $39.95 missing sync is missing my vote.

Since I already bought wifi sync, can someone please make it compatible with macs? Think this would open up a whole new market....
    Right now the app is only about $2 and it's one of the best apps I've ever used. What can people possibly be waiting for. To no longer have to flip the little plastic cover to connect your Pre to a computer. What more do you want?

For those who have been using the app for a while, can you tell me what folders you've set-up for synchronizing?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast