Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    A perfect phone for this would be the Motorola Flipside. It has a small "gesture area" used for navigating menus. It also has a physical keyboard.
    What happened to the guys who wanted to port webOS to another phone? Now is the time to try that with version 3.0, since HP took out the gesture area, it should be much easier to port it to a phone with better specs, but on the same chipset. Also, since HP mentioned maybe rewriting webOS for other chipsets, that would allow more opportunities to port to other phones, maybe iPhone? How about it webOS internals? Think it's possible?

And now that webOS tablets have finally made it to the masses, many who have no clue what webOS is, this is when the Homebrew community can really shine. I think we need to have a telethon to support our guys!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    What happened to the guys who wanted to port webOS to another phone? Now is the time to try that with version 3.0, since HP took out the gesture area, it should be much easier to port it to a phone with better specs, but on the same chipset. Also, since HP mentioned maybe rewriting webOS for other chipsets, that would allow more opportunities to port to other phones, maybe iPhone? How about it webOS internals? Think it's possible?

And now that webOS tablets have finally made it to the masses, many who have no clue what webOS is, this is when the Homebrew community can really shine. I think we need to have a telethon to support our guys!!!
    If you check the Snapdragon wikipedia article there are a number of devices using the same processor as the Pre 3. I would think these would be the best candidates for a port of webOS 2.x...

Similarly, there are some likely candidates for porting the Touchpad's 3.x . . .
    Maybe those of us that switched to an Evo 3D, such as myself, will be able to return to webOS...

This would be a significant undertaking though. . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyPhono View Post
    If you check the Snapdragon wikipedia article there are a number of devices using the same processor as the Pre 3. I would think these would be the best candidates for a port of webOS 2.x...

Similarly, there are some likely candidates for porting the Touchpad's 3.x . . .
    Maybe those of us that switched to an Evo 3D, such as myself, will be able to return to webOS...

This would be a significant undertaking though. . . .
    webOS internals doo eeet! :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12