1.    #1  
    Hey not sure if this is the proper forum or not. I noticed through terminal app that there is a linux swap. Or at least it seems that way. If there is can anyone tell me how to enable it dont know what Im doing wrong. It says there is a swap there but not in use. If this is wrong forum can someone direct me where to post. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossmoore21 View Post
    Hey not sure if this is the proper forum or not. I noticed through terminal app that there is a linux swap. Or at least it seems that way. If there is can anyone tell me how to enable it dont know what Im doing wrong. It says there is a swap there but not in use. If this is wrong forum can someone direct me where to post. thanks.
    i know unixpsycho uses a swap in his kernel. maybe he could be of some assistance
    The swap is defined by the system, not the kernel. And it should already be enabled. Just because your phone isn't using it at the moment doesn't mean it won't if it needs to.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
  4.    #4  
    I realize that. I was just surprised to see that there was a linux swap partition stock on the phone. Everytime I check it never using it. I am coming from mainly using android devices and having to partion everything myself and enabling it as well. So I was not expecting to see a swap partition in place already. And was just asking since it never seems to use it if I needed to enable it.
    Yeah, the first part of my comment was directed at the other guy.
    As to your comment, if I'm not mistaken, Mojo apps are restricted to a rather small chunk of memory. As a result, you'll only get into swap paging if you are running PDK apps.
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the info. I came from a g1 and then a mytouch and those ate up the swap partitions like crazy. In whole I love webos a lot more than android. It doesn't have all the apps that android has but it has the ones that count. Hope palm puts out a better piece of hardware ie bigger screen etc. I've been playing with a droid incredible and if you run this at 800mhz it runs just as smooth and for a longer period of time. Android just clogs and eats up memory. Ha ok down rambling and thanks again for info.
    android is a beast. All its apps run natively, so the memory limit is basically whatever is available. On webos most of the apps basically run in the system's webkit process. If I remember correctly, that process is restricted to about 30 mb. There's a thread in this forum on changing that and from what I've read, allocating a bit more memory seems to reduce 'too many cards' errors...
  8.    #8  
    yeah I was thinking about giving it a whirl just to do it but I never have that many cards up to have the use for it. So figured why risk it. Tell ya what using that kernel posted in this forum. It's dare I say perfect. Phone flying now and hasn't felt hot once. I've been using it for 3 days now. I remember using cyanogens compcache kernels on android great for an hour or so then just issues everywhere. To me most of the time it actually made the phone worse. Or no differant at all. This dude nailed it right on the money. I was using the uberkernel or whatever it's called one before and it was good but hd to reboot multiple times throughout day and just choppy to me at times and nticed certain small features would stop working. For me this is flawless and I recommend it to anyone.