1.    #1  
    I have a sprint pre and due to some unfortunate financial issues, I have come to depend on my pre as my sole source of internet. After several hours, I was able to collect all the instructions and files using only the pre's browser, which is no small task since the wiki only explains how to get the software on the pre.

my issue: I can get it working for a few minutes, but after a bit I lose internet and the "remote ndis based internet sharing device" in device manager won't let me interact. Any attempts to disable,re-enable,reinstall, etc lock up the MMC, and I have to reboot the computer for resolution. What am I doing wrong? In network connections,even when it's enabled it still says disabled but the connection works for a bit. Does it stop working if the pre's screen locks? Is there another usbnet type driver that would work with win7?
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    I have a sprint pre and due to some unfortunate financial issues, I have come to depend on my pre as my sole source of internet. After several hours, I was able to collect all the instructions and files using only the pre's browser, which is no small task since the wiki only explains how to get the software on the pre.

my issue: I can get it working for a few minutes, but after a bit I lose internet and the "remote ndis based internet sharing device" in device manager won't let me interact. Any attempts to disable,re-enable,reinstall, etc lock up the MMC, and I have to reboot the computer for resolution. What am I doing wrong? In network connections,even when it's enabled it still says disabled but the connection works for a bit. Does it stop working if the pre's screen locks? Is there another usbnet type driver that would work with win7?
    I never got it working, but you need to keep the Pre awake (i.e. screen on and not on lock screen) for the connection to stay alive.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Plug in Pre to USB on Vista/Windows 7
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.
    win 7 should have the rndis driver built in. i didnt use the one from the wiki.. i had the same issue with my pc locking up when using it... try the steps above but use the microsift corporation driver instead
  4.    #4  
    I am using the built in RNDIS driver. I can enable it in device manager, but it never shows enabled in network connections, even when it is working...any ideas?
  5.    #5  
    Think I figured it out. I didn't see any mention of it anywhere, but it seems to screw the pooch if the Palm Novacom service is running, which it always is, so I disabled it, and now it runs fine...anybody else been able to run the usb connection with novacom running? I still can't get the bluetooth connection stable. It throws up the Auth Error on the pre and the connection dies after a few minutes.
    Ran and installed everything fine with novacom running on W7 x64.