Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Rod, this might have been caused (pure speculation on my part) by luna manager upgrade to 0.0.5. As i mentioned above, I was trying to upgrade to luna via preware. However, it was always hanging with the screen stating downloading/installing package manager service even though i didn't see any files being downloaded etc. This might have corrupted the package manager service leading to the screen capture error.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Rod, this might have been caused (pure speculation on my part) by luna manager upgrade to 0.0.5. As i mentioned above, I was trying to upgrade to luna via preware. However, it was always hanging with the screen stating downloading/installing package manager service even though i didn't see any files being downloaded etc. This might have corrupted the package manager service leading to the screen capture error.
    No, this is orthogonal to installing or removing luna manager - no files in common.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You'll need to find me in the IRC channel sometime during the week then, so we can debug this in real-time.

I can think of no failure case which would cause it to stop working like that, but there obviously is one

-- Rod
    Rod, I am not familiar with IRC channel. Can you please tell me more about irc channel and how i can find you? Thanks
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Rod, I am not familiar with IRC channel. Can you please tell me more about irc channel and how i can find you? Thanks
    Ok i figured it out.Internet Relay Chat (IRC).

Internet Relay Chat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  5.    #25  
    Has anyone else experience the preware issue that i have?
  6.    #26  
    Rod, do you think partial erase would help? Thanks.
  7.    #27  
    I did the partial erase. And installed preware 1.1.2. Now preware works. The error listed is not there anymore. Moderator please make a note of this. Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12