1.    #1  
    My Verizon Palm Pre Plus, when it is locked, displays the time in nice large letters above a lock icon near the bottom of the screen. Can this screen be configured to also display the day and date between the time and the lock icon without 'root-kitting' the OS?
    the date mo/dy/yr is already displayed in the "top bar" instead of the time. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by howardb1 View Post
    My Verizon Palm Pre Plus, when it is locked, displays the time in nice large letters above a lock icon near the bottom of the screen. Can this screen be configured to also display the day and date between the time and the lock icon without 'root-kitting' the OS?
    currently there are no options at all for the lock screen, even with "rooting" (which is no longer required for tweeks).
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    currently there are no options at all for the lock screen, even with "rooting" (which is no longer required for tweeks).
    I remember a while ago there were discussions about what can and can't be changed on the lock screen. You are able to change the lock icon and the level of fading of the background by "sending" different .png files to the device, but so far I have yet to find anyone who is able to change the clock (e.g. to add the time!) or even to change the wording of "Drag to Unlock"

If you are interested in getting more info on changing the lock icon, let me know and I can point you to some forum posts on that topic
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses.

Is there a suggestion address for the official WebOS team that controls what gets released in the next official release? I have a number of things I'd like to see improved, such as this, a virual keyboard with arrow keys to move the on-screen cursor, a 'sleep/lock' control, support for an external USB keyboard for when I really need to type a lot, a file explorer tool, and a way to get control of the phone back after I virtually disconnect the usb on the computer without actually disconnecting the cable and reconnecting it -- right now the 'usb drive' picture is replaced by the word Palm, but it won't go back to the internactive mode unless I physically remove the cable.

I know that these and other changes can be made by tweaking/rooting the OS, but I understand that these either have to be removed before the system can be upgraded or they can really mess up the upgrade.
  6.    #6  
    Not really, but the others below your response got it. Thanks for the response.
    I know that these and other changes can be made by tweaking/rooting the OS, but I understand that these either have to be removed before the system can be upgraded or they can really mess up the upgrade.
    You longer need to remove patches from an OTA update, they are safe thanks to AUPT. However you do need to remove any installed themes.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  8.    #8  
    OTA stands for what?

Off-Topic: When I tried to look into creating my own apps using the guild posted at the Palm Pre Plus site, it said to open the command line after starting the emulator, but it didn't say how to do this. Can someone point me to the directions on how to do this, please?
    OTA stands for what?
    Over The Air

Off-Topic: When I tried to look into creating my own apps using the guild posted at the Palm Pre Plus site, it said to open the command line after starting the emulator, but it didn't say how to do this. Can someone point me to the directions on how to do this, please?
    Start -> Run -> CMD [Enter] gets you to the DOS prompt..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."