1.    #1  
    hey, what would be some simple ways to make animations in sdk apps? Could you use animated gif or anything like that? Is there anywhere anyone can point me to? Thanks in advance!
    it really depends on what kind of animations you're talking about for simple sprite animations, a popular method is to put all your animation frames in one image and then just crop the image to the frame you want to show using setStyle and css3. Also, animated gif is supported by the version of webkit the pre uses. Don't know if that extends to mojo scenes. But the implementation is cumbersome at best. Just try loading up a web page with more that one animated gif on it. Your browser gets slower and slower with each one.
    oh, and you an also use canvas. In which case you should check out the mozilla developer site. Just note that webos can't handle rotate & translate being used together in a canvas.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unfairSurprisery View Post
    oh, and you an also use canvas. In which case you should check out the mozilla developer site. Just note that webos can't handle rotate & translate being used together in a canvas.
    unless im understanding you incorrectly, and you mean something else....both rotate AND translate can be used on the pre...i use both a fair amount of times in my app and they work fine. With most canvas elements, first check the canvas tag support page on palms developer website, then double check with a quick stroke/fill test (i usually just do a strokeRect() or a fillRect()) to make sure that it really doesnt work on the pre. Ive found a few of them that do work even though they are said to not work.
    I'm well aware of that page. I have it bookmarked. Basically, if you translate to say 50,50 then rotate, it should use 50,50 as the center point. On WebOS 0,0 is still used. That said, if you know a way to make it work I'm all ears...

BTW, here's an example of what I'm talking about. Visit the link below on your computer in an up-to-date gecko or webkit browser and then on your Pre/Pixi. You'll see what I mean.
    https://developer.mozilla.org/sample...as_rotate.html
    danNielson.com - Slalom - twitter - facebook
    A posted thanks dies with the thread. Clicking the button lasts until the admins get bored with this site and throw it in the recycling bin.
    If you're using a standard css / div then you can use an animated gif. If you're using canvas then you will have to animate it yourself.