1.    #1  
    My Pre is almost always set to vibrate mode as I don't often want audible alerts and other times I just can't hear them when I'm in a noisy environment. I have installed a few patches to configure most of the alerts so I can tell what the alert is without looking at my Pre. However, it would be better if there was a single applcation to easily configure all the alerts to use different vibation patterns for SYS/IMS, phone, email, calendar, low battery and anything else I'm missing.

So far I have configured the following:

Emails: I've installed "Email Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for email alerts and it works great. I can always tell that I just received an email without looking as the long steady vibration is unique.

Phone: Phone calls already have a fairly distinctive vibration pattern.

SMS/IM: There is "SMS/IM Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for SMS so while it is similar to the email patch, I can usually tell the difference between SMS and email without looking.

However, the Calendar is still a problem. What I need is a Longer & Unique vibration pattern for Calendar Events. The standard vibration is usually too quick that I keep missing important meetings. Maybe the calendar alert notification could use the a 1/2 second vibration, then pause 1/2 second, then vibrate 1/2 second,.... and so on until it has vibrated 5 times or (even better) a user defined number of times. This pattern would be unique enough so I could tell that I have a calendar event without looking at my Pre and long enough so that I shouldn’t miss it, unless I’m completely brain dead that is.

Ideally an application would allow the user to configure each alert notification to use a different vibration configurations. Such as short, long, multiple vibrations, etc.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdf View Post
    My Pre is almost always set to vibrate mode as I don't often want audible alerts and other times I just can't hear them when I'm in a noisy environment. I have installed a few patches to configure most of the alerts so I can tell what the alert is without looking at my Pre. However, it would be better if there was a single applcation to easily configure all the alerts to use different vibation patterns for SYS/IMS, phone, email, calendar, low battery and anything else I'm missing.

So far I have configured the following:

Emails: I've installed "Email Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for email alerts and it works great. I can always tell that I just received an email without looking as the long steady vibration is unique.

Phone: Phone calls already have a fairly distinctive vibration pattern.

SMS/IM: There is "SMS/IM Vibrate Extension" by Abyssul for SMS so while it is similar to the email patch, I can usually tell the difference between SMS and email without looking.

However, the Calendar is still a problem. What I need is a Longer & Unique vibration pattern for Calendar Events. The standard vibration is usually too quick that I keep missing important meetings. Maybe the calendar alert notification could use the a 1/2 second vibration, then pause 1/2 second, then vibrate 1/2 second,.... and so on until it has vibrated 5 times or (even better) a user defined number of times. This pattern would be unique enough so I could tell that I have a calendar event without looking at my Pre and long enough so that I shouldn’t miss it, unless I’m completely brain dead that is.

Ideally an application would allow the user to configure each alert notification to use a different vibration configurations. Such as short, long, multiple vibrations, etc.

Thanks.
    Have you tried the Calandar Notification Repeat patch. I lets you configure the notification to repeat every X seconds N times.