1.    #1  
    Is anyone willing to make a 1GHz overclock patch? If it's even possible... I'm using UberKernel and Govnah on my Pre right now and I think it'd be pretty nice to have a 1GHz option.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't know much, but I wonder if that would be stable.

And I would only recommend it to people who have bought an extended battery.

I have to say though... 800 is pretty fast enough.
    There must be SOME way to do this. The Droid has a 1 GHz overclock, and it has the exact same processor as the Pre/Pre Plus. Someone should look into how the Droid was overclocked to 1 GHz
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I don't know much, but I wonder if that would be stable.

And I would only recommend it to people who have bought an extended battery.

I have to say though... 800 is pretty fast enough.
    800MHz is fast but 1GHz is faster... Lmao.
    I forget where I saw it but due to the Pre's architecture, there is no performance increase at any frequency above 800Mhz.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    I forget where I saw it but due to the Pre's architecture, there is no performance increase at any frequency above 800Mhz.
    Oh.
    I don't think the OMAP3430 can handle 1Ghz.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I don't think the OMAP3430 can handle 1Ghz.
    Actually, it can. The Droid has the same OMAP 3430 processor as the Pre does, and it's been overclocked to 1GHz
    Follow me on Twitter

GTalk: thomascoe1

Black Sanyo Katana --> Blue Sanyo Katana --> Sanyo VI-2300 --> Blue LG Rumor --> Blue LG Rumor --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pixi --> Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Is anyone willing to make a 1GHz overclock patch? If it's even possible... I'm using UberKernel and Govnah on my Pre right now and I think it'd be pretty nice to have a 1GHz option.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomascoe View Post
    Actually, it can. The Droid has the same OMAP 3430 processor as the Pre does, and it's been overclocked to 1GHz
    In fact, it's the same reason there's a ceiling an OC'g on most any hardware platform...

The I/O speed....It doesn't matter how fast or how many calculations your processor can do, if the overall system can't handle it.

The bottomline is that due to the I/O speed 800MHz is the ceiling for actual performance improvement.

Your device would blow up.