Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I used an android device (briefly) before realizing I hate android, but one great thing about running an HTC device is the XDA Dev forum. They developed and released an app that was basically their forums in a specific format for android devices. I don't have any of the know how, but I think it would be pretty awesome to have the equivalent for Precentral in the App Catalog. Just a thought.
    there is a precentral app in the preware catalog
    It has been talked about many times but has never materialised, I think it would be awesome personally. I hope somebody is considering it soon, if nobody has done one by june I will teach myself code and create one ares.

@cantaffordit, the unoficial precentral app is great for convenience but wouldn't a native app be bloody awesome?
    m.precentral.net
    m.forums.precentral.net

Of course, it lacks notifications and such, but at least it's usable
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is a precentral app in the preware catalog
    It just puts an icon on your launcher that links to the mobile site.
    The mobile precentral works, but is not very eye catching or flows. I already use Newsroom for notifications.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    is there an example of the XDA? Maybe something we could see and try to emulate?

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    is there an example of the XDA? Maybe something we could see and try to emulate?
    Here's a link to it's announcement which has a video from pocketnow showing it off a bit.

Official XDA-Developers Android App Released Today! | xda-developers
    I tried working with Dieter on this months ago (as in 5+ months ago), to no effect. He said he was going to get the devs together to work on it (on NUMEROUS occasions) and nothing ever happened. I wouldn't expect anything to happen any time soon.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup