1.    #1  
    I am planning on getting an EVO 4G as a personal and development phone. I don't want to add another line to keep my Pre, so I will be doing ESN swaps as needed until I decide which phone to keep as my day to day device.

Can I continue to use the Pre without a line to continue WebOS development? Ideally, I'd like to be able to use Wi-Fi for a connection. Is this possible?

Thanks,
    B
    yes, you can use with WIFI

just put the phone on airplane mode

feel free to switch back and forth with your EVO
    If you ever need to doctor you phone either, then use Meta Doctor to turn your phone into a PDA by bypassing the activation.
    Using a usb cable you can simply send the project to your device and run it. No service needed at all.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Whatever you do, please don't stop NaNplayer development. its great
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the info guys. I thought I might have some problems with the Palm account.

I certainly won't be stopping NaNplayer development. I just want to try some new hardware and the EVO is a beast.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Wow I didn't know about that link 2sslow. Nice find
  9.    #9  
    Thanks a lot 2sslow. I was concerned about activation. When I've switched Pres before, the old one always goes into activation mode.

I completely missed that page on the Palm site. It's good to see exactly how to get around it.