Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I've had this problem in Preware for a while now where it says I can update to version 1.4.1-6 for the landscape messaging patch, but I try to update it and it says IPKG error. Here is the ipkg log since I can't figure out how to fix it.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-landscape-messaging.prerm 2>&1
    md5sum: can't open '/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.webosinternals.orig': No such file or directory
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

If anyone could help me fix this problem that would be awesome!

Thanks
    try downloading diffstat
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    try downloading diffstat
    i tried it and it didn't work either. any other suggestions?
    I'm also getting this error.. was this ever resolved? if so, how?

EDIT - so I ran the webos repair utility after remove all the other messaging related patches I could, and replaced the suggested files from the ipk log. That didn't work, so I went in, and renamed the webos.internals.orig backups to the original filenames for the last few problem files.. works now.. just thought I'd share it.
    Last edited by tedrampart; 06/02/2010 at 04:39 AM.