Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love the WebOS Internals team. They have done so much to make my phone a great deal more functional. They are the hard working devs behind PreWare and Uberkernel and a million (hyperbole) other awesome WebOS projects.

A few days ago, after installing Uberkernel through PreWare, I decided to make my first donation to support their efforts.

I had a new idea today. Let's do a "telethon" to support our WebOS Internals friends. My idea is that people would follow the link below to make a Paypal donation to the group.

Then they would post in this thread the amount they donated and the cumulative total.

Please note I have nothing to do with WebOS Internals other than that I really appreciate what they do. If you are a WebOS Internals representative and you think this idea is stupid or not keeping in line with the goals of your group, please PM me and I'll request the thread be closed and deleted.

Donate To WebOS Internals

My donation: $25
    Cumulative donations $25

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***EDIT***

Finished up with an unofficial total just short of $6,000 raised... way to go everyone!
    Last edited by runukraine; 05/15/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Updating Information
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Please note I have nothing to do with WebOS Internals other than that I really appreciate what they do. If you are a WebOS Internals representative and you think this idea is stupid or not keeping in line with the goals of your group, please PM me and I'll request the thread be closed and deleted.

Donate To WebOS Internals
    I have no problems at all with anyone wanting to help raise donations that get spent on keeping the homebrew ecosystem infrastructure running at webos-internals.org and preware.org (from which all the homebrew applications, patches, kernels, etc. in Preware and WebOS Quick Install are downloaded), or donations that pay for a second-hand development/testing device for core WebOS Internals developers, and I can confirm that the donation link provided is a true and correct link to our donations page (you can double check it with the link below to confirm):

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    $5! Total of $30 now I guess! Thanks for all the patches and junk webos.internals.
    $5 here too. First donation and it feels good. Thank you for all your hard work and making the pre what it really can be. You all rock, Thanks again.

So $35 Total.
    I donated $5 as well. We all truly appreciate the hard work that has been done. Keep it up!!

Total: $40
    I donated $50.00. Well worth it to me. I can't imagine my Pre w/out Homebrew. I use their work every day and it has been too long since I last donated. I am also going to sends some funds to some other Homebrew developers. I wish they could unite so they could use their resources more efficiently.

Total = $90
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I also have a challenge for developers of commercial apps. I think it's crucial for the "paid developers" to help the "unpaid developers". If you're making good money on your commercial stuff (all while probably using Preware and other WebOS Internals stuff) then I challenge you to make a donation on behalf of your company. I plan to give a steady stream once my commercial app hits the market.

- Phil -
    Boraware
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Count me in for $5 ...
  9.    #10  
    $10

Total:$115
    Donated another $10. Great idea OP. Raising awareness and donating to the cause is the least we as consumers can do.

Total: $125
    $25 donated!

Total: $150
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    $10.00

Total: $160

i love what this group does better than what the commercial developers do. keep up the excellent, much appreciated work! THANKS!
  13.    #14  
    It's awesome to see people supporting those who support our community...
    Last edited by runukraine; 05/09/2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Donated $10

Total of $170

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Post it on your Twitter, Facebook, emails etc.....

Last edited by imex99; 05/09/2010 at 09:05 PM.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

$5.00
    Although I can not offer money for donation I have in the past offered a home on a web server since i run a Web Hosting company
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Post it on your Twitter, Facebook, emails etc.....
    Speaking of facebook ... Webos Internals | Facebook

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    $30
Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast