Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    $25 more in the pot.
  2.    #162  
    $1,300
    Add another $20.

New total: $1,320

Thanks for all the work you guys do!
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I actually just donated to Jason, as well. I wanted to make sure he wasn't forgotten. Much of what I love about my Pre is due to his work.
    I donated to him (not the first time, either), as well, last night when I made my latest donation to webOSInternals.

Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    I don't have any Homebrew apps right now but I support their amazing efforts and commitment to the webos community. $10.
    This may be my favorite donation, so far. Talk about supporting the community!

@Rod...I am so glad to have been a small part of helping the internals crew and others get dev devices, so you all can stop risking your personal phones. I also absolutely love the idea of Homebrew Hot Apps. Thank you, as always for your openness and support of all the devs.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    +$10.61 for the community chest.

Obviously no one is under any obligation to donate but please remember that while webOS Internals works on a donation basis Paypal does not. For those so inclined, please consider including in your donation the actual cost of the Paypal transaction fees by using the following link to calculate the total:

[url= Fee Calculator by Ryan Olbe[/url]

New total: $1,330

Edit: Apparently there are no fees for these donations. Add .61 to the total in that case.
    Last edited by foosball; 05/11/2010 at 12:53 AM.
    Just send it as a gift no fee.
    another $20.00, total $1,350
    Donations are slowing down. Time to start reminding!
    The homebrew community is a large part of why webOS is so awesome, and webOS Internals is the best thing about the homebrew community. Thanks for all your hard work so far, guys.

Just donated $20.
    My apps:
    ReWeather - Attractive weather app that reflects current conditions
    Suburbly UK (trial version) - Search for properties to rent, share or buy all over UK.

Twitter: @joshsharp / @recursivemedia
    $1,370 ??
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Add $5.00 more, this is my second donation to the internals gang and I don't use any of it as of now, I just appreciate all the hard work......good job and keep it up!!!
    Another $50 from Sweden adding up to $1425
    +20 USD from Germany. Thanks a lot!

Corresponds to $1445 total
    Dugg up the digg link +1

Can we get precentral to post this on the front page?
    Good Morning Day 3,

1445 down 3555 to go
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

We have so far purchased (or are in the process of purchasing) second-hand test devices (for specific use in testing new webOS packages and firmware releases) for the following core developers:

egaudet, dtzWill, PuffTheMagic, nebula, sbromwich, ka6sox, zsoc, oil, swisstomcat, uNiXpSyChO, dbSooner, rboatright, rwhitby.

That adds up to over $2K (a second-hand Sprint Pre currently goes for about $180 on Ebay). We will use the first $1K from this telethon for this purpose.

These devices will be used for testing new versions of applications, services, kernels, patches, etc. and are also critical in allowing our core developers to make sure that the applications that you all use are ready for the next version of webOS to be released.

As an acknowledgement that superlative work also happens outside of WebOS Internals, we would also like to extend this program to the following people:

JasonRobitaille (author of WebOS Quick Install, and many other tools and patches)

caj2008 (yes, you are reading that correctly. There has been a lot of water under the bridge, and we did not agree on many technical points, but we believe that he should be acknowledged for the herculean job he did in bringing the first generation overclocking solutions to the wider webOS user community).

If there are other webOS community members that you feel really deserve this type of recognition, please highlight them in this thread for consideration. Note that funds are limited (we only have your donations to use for this purpose), so please be extremely selective in who you nominate.
    Rod, thinking creatively this morning, I just asked on one of the evo threads if those guys switching in june to the evo, would be willing to sell cheaply or donate their sprint pre to the web-os internals team--I imagine early adopters would be likely to frequent this forum and there will be some that appreciate the hard work for your group. Hopefully this will let you expand your budget to more homebrew devs for hardware/software efforts.
    This is the official $1500 post (again, a couple of other donations came in that are not listed here).

So we're half-way to being able to fund the Open Source Homebrew Hot Apps & Patches competition (10 x $100 over and above the $1K already spent for developer devices).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This is the official $1500 post (again, a couple of other donations came in that are not listed here).

So we're half-way to being able to fund the Open Source Homebrew Hot Apps & Patches competition (10 x $100 over and above the $1K already spent for developer devices).

-- Rod
    Nice, glad this is doing so well so far!!!

I'm hoping to get this on Precentral front page... anyone have connections???

Please digg this!!!

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Is there any way to donate that does not use Paypal? I do not have a paypal acct. Perhaps, I'll have to actually get one, but have never used it before
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Is there any way to donate that does not use Paypal? I do not have a paypal acct. Perhaps, I'll have to actually get one, but have never used it before
    If you click the donate button you will be able to set up your account on the page, it is all very simple and safe.
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast