Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    $5.00

Total - $558.00
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    $538 thus far... please remember to post the cumulative total each time you post your donation too.

Astounding how quickly this is growing... Way to go people
    Nothing succeeds like success! Momentum is a great motivator...
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    $22 here.

New total: $580
    In for 25 - Up to 605!
    I'm cheap and broke but I kicked in
    $10 - up to $615

I have yet to buy an app as well and think I will do that to support the developers trying to make a living selling apps too, the only way our platform will continue to grow is through support by donation and buying apps as well.
    Last edited by rich_halvorson; 05/10/2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: clarified support through donating and buying
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Another $25, new total $640.
    $20 from me! Thanks for the hard work! (and my 10th post! Finally!)

New total = $660
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by vidahlia View Post
    $20 from me! Thanks for the hard work! (and my 10th post! Finally!)

New total = $660
    Best 10th I've ever seen
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Just donated $10

Total = $670
    5 more here.

Total = $675

Thanks guys!
    hey, how are we going to get some of this goodness to Jason and other major contributors to homebrewing?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    $20 from me, haven't been able to annoy them as much on IRC as I've been too busy :P

$695 now

edit: and congrats to the team on Preware 1.0, that's fairly awesome
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    can someone push us over the $700 mark?

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    how do we stop this when the goal is achieved? Someone might have to pay taxes on all this...
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how do we stop this when the goal is achieved? Someone might have to pay taxes on all this...
    We don't have to stop anything...The goal was something fun to hit, hopefully we can blow it away. These are donations to webosinternals. We have nothing to do with it, all this $$$ is going into there paypay account for there servers,development & hardware needs, etc....
    The more $$$ they get, the better off we are, keep the $$$$$ pouring in!!!

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    We don't have to stop anything...The goal was something fun to hit, hopefully we can blow it away. These are donations to webosinternals. We have nothing to do with it, all this $$$ is going into there paypay account for there servers,development & hardware needs, etc....
    The more $$$ they get, the better off we are, keep the $$$$$ pouring in!!!
    However, unless they are a 503c corporation, this all could look like income to the person that actually controls the paypal account and/or any bank account it is associated with. I'm not a lawyer or an accountant, so someone who is qualified should check privately with WebOS Internals to make sure we don't create an unintended consequence from this outpouring of appreciation.

I also want to see how we can do this for other major contributors (Jason comes to mind first, but I know there are others).

I don't pretend to understand the workings and relationships of the various homebrew groups. I will have to look in those forums and see what there is to learn. I just know I've never seen such a well organized and cohesive community. And I've seen better architecture, more stability, and more productivity than you will see from most software companies. And these guys are doing most of this stuff as volunteers.

I hope every PreCentral member (or any WebOS forum member) realizes just how much better this is than anything centered around BlackBerry, iPhone, or Android. Not that they are bad, but they don't hold a candle to the WebOS community. This is a unique achievement, and something HP should study as part of their strategy to leverage the jewel they just purchased...
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    can someone push us over the $700 mark?
    Gladly!

$10 from a long-time admirer of webOS-Internals work saying thank-you for the Über-Kernel (which didn't work well for me for the first few days before I found that my Pre seems to really like the powersave governor) and Preware 1.0 among other things. I'm totally broke, but if I can't use my credit card to help you guys out, I don't know what I can use it for. Food is definitely overrated.

Makes a total of $705
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 05/10/2010 at 01:29 PM.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hey, how are we going to get some of this goodness to Jason and other major contributors to homebrewing?
    Let's hit our goal and then start thinking of ways to do exactly that... these people deserve love, let's try to do just that...

WebOS Internals had the benefit of being an existing organization with established rules of dealing with donations and a single donation link. It's easy to help them.

There are a lot of issues that need to get ironed out before trying to help an amorphous collection of individuals (who gets included, do you split evenly among individuals, one link / many links, et al).

If anyone has ideas (I know there is a movement to create an app for the Hot Apps contest to benefit the Homebrew scene), feel free to bring them up or run with them on your own. I think what this little exercise has shown is that our community is ready to stand up and support the people who support us with their hardwork.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    They've got my $5

Thanks for all you do!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    $25 here dont know the total
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast