Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    when are our "member"ships being changed to "top homebrew supporter"s? No big deal, just wondering
    Do we have to have posted that we donated here? Cause I've got the overdraft notice to prove it...

Poor planning runs in my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    when are our "member"ships being changed to "top homebrew supporter"s? No big deal, just wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Do we have to have posted that we donated here? Cause I've got the overdraft notice to prove it...

Poor planning runs in my family.
    You were supposed to check for your name on Pg. 23 to make sure you weren't left out. I think you might have missed the cutoff.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #604  
    Just curious if anyone out there has any ideas on new ways to celebrate our Homebrew community.

Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Just curious if anyone out there has any ideas on new ways to celebrate our Homebrew community.

Ideas?
    We could make the telethon annual for one thing.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #606  
    I think that's definitely a start right there... Wondering what else could be done too
    I think we need a grass roots campaign to inform the mainstream tech media about the fervor in the WebOS community --- and inform them when they make incorrect assumptions or misstatements. I think we really have a great story here.... from @WebOSInternals and @JayCanuck to the large group of great patch developers to the great 3D PDK games to the general ease with which many many IPhone apps can be (and are being...) ported to WebOS. Maybe the AngryBirds dev and other popular cross-platform devs can weigh in on this topic... once it arrives.

Maybe it's a waste of effort.... I don't know. But it still bothers me every time I hear the BOL crew (among others, but especially them) make comments that are based on no factual evidence. In the past, they've spoken about how difficult it is to develop for WebOS.... Yesterday's BOL, one of the guys stated that ... 'a WebOS tablet isn't going anywhere unless HPalm start getting developers on-board.' It's a totally true, but relatively ignorant of reality, statement and it just bugs me to no end. By their 'reporting' they create impressions in their audiences that are not based in fact at all.

Unless some of this changes, HPalm will continue to have to fight a tougher battle.... it's already going to be uphill... but the mainstream press is just making it steeper by failing to at least address the technical and design merits of WebOS (even if the actual current devices are getting a little stale).
    start asking hot apps winners to donate to a homebrew hot apps program?
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    start asking hot apps winners to donate to a homebrew hot apps program?
    Okay....
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031