Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
    Just donated another $50 so the total is now $6,007.00
  2.    #562  
    List of Donors

The above is a link to a list of all donors. Thank you everyone!

Over $6,000 is unbelievable... thanks geneziz for putting us over that figure. It's amazing how the number keeps growing!

Sorry I missed the "telethon"...very busy with work and all. I've been benefitting from the webOS Internals guys(girls?) since their inception...about time I got off my lazy *** and donated! Wish I had more than $30 to give, but that'll have to do.
    Just donated $30. Thanks to the webOS Internals team and the rest of the homebrew community for making the webOS experience more fun and useful.
    New total $6067 This is nothing short of amazing! I'm really feeling the love!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Well, I missed the telethon, but I'm in for $30. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication!
    It's really neat to see the community come together like this.

I truly hope this excitement will transfer to the individual devs also, i.e. the folks making quality free apps where none existed and patchmakers adding additional features or providing much needed improvements/fixes, who help fill Preware with content not directly connected to WebOS Internals.
    The post telethon total now stands at $6097! This community makes me so proud to be a part of. Well done!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Due to some anonymous donations (including one $100 anonymous donation), the official total is now $6272.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated.

All of the developers in the "Devices for Core Devs" program have purchased their second test/development device (most of the WebOS Internals developers got a second hand Sprint Pre, and Rick got himself a Pixi), and Jason Robitaille got himself a second-hand Pixi Plus. The total amount spent on those 12 devices was $2090. That's 12 devices that are going to be used to make sure that applications, kernels and patches work on current and future webOS versions without developers needing to risk their day-to-day phones on bleeding edge testing or development.

We are also extending the Open Source Homebrew Hot Apps and Patches to now be the top 10 applications *and* top 10 patches, for a total of 20 x $100 = $2000. I need to go through the server logs to identify those lists, and will do so in the next 24 to 48 hours.

This leaves just over $2000 in the bank for future hardware and operating expenses for the WebOS Internals group as a result of this telethon.

Awesome. Simply awesome.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Due to some anonymous donations (including one $100 anonymous donation), the official total is now $6272.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated.

This leaves just over $2000 in the bank for future hardware and operating expenses for the WebOS Internals group as a result of this telethon.

Awesome. Simply awesome.

-- Rod
    Fantastic news! Can you tell us how many individual donors there were? To me, that's the bigger news because it shows the broad reach of grass roots support for osinternals, which has become somewhat of a proxy for webOS homebrewers. I think that is kewl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Fantastic news! Can you tell us how many individual donors there were? To me, that's the bigger news because it shows the broad reach of grass roots support for osinternals, which has become somewhat of a proxy for webOS homebrewers. I think that is kewl.
    There were 406 donations during the period of the telethon. I can't easily determine the number of unique donors.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    The results of the Open Source Homebrew Hot Apps and Patches are now available:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2455329

-- Rod
    Wow, even though the telethon is over, donating to WebOS Internals still feels just as good! ;-)
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Just dontated $10
    $5 from me and $5 from Supercluver. I owed him so he said to put it here.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!
    I missed the Telethon too, but I went ahead and donated $5 for all the fantastic work.
    I was on vacation for the last 10 days and missed all the fun too. I've had "Donate to Rod et. al. and Jason R" on my after vacation to-do list anyway. Might as well do it now through this post. $50 post-telethon donation coming now to WebOS Internals and $25 to Jason R too. You guys (among many others, I know...) truly do make WebOS and my Pre better and more usable every day!!!

Thanks for the dedication and ingenuity!!
    Last edited by greenawayj; 05/17/2010 at 09:42 AM.
    I donated directly from the article on the Precentral.net homepage and didn't realize this thread existed. Donated $100 on 5/14.

Thank you to all the developers. Keep up the excellent work. You guys rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There were 406 donations during the period of the telethon. I can't easily determine the number of unique donors.

-- Rod
    According to runukraine's unofficial count (people that posted here when they donated, there were about 215 names when things "ended", plus a few stragglers. That means there were somewhere between 220 and 400 people. Some of us donated twice, but the posting seemed to indicate that most donated once.

It's probably safe to say that maybe 300-350 people donated? That's astounding!
    Folks,
    The I love Homebrew app is now available via the official Palm catalog. Hopefully, it will win a top spot in the most free apps category (proceeds to be shared among homebrew devs)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...s-contest.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Folks,
    The I love Homebrew app is now available via the official Palm catalog. Hopefully, it will win a top spot in the most free apps category (proceeds to be shared among homebrew devs)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...s-contest.html
    Downloaded it when it first appeared.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"