Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I don't see any reason to close the thread. If this thread continues to inspire people do donate then that would be a good thing.
    Hear hear... I know I've already been effusive in my praise of everyone... but this was awesome. I seriously think my productivity at work took at least a 10% dive due to the number of times I checked the thread. Here's hoping our IT guy doesn't keep track of internet usage!

I've been really proud to be a part of this... I can't imagine something like this happening on any other platform.

I like the idea of this becoming an annual tradition. We have plenty of time to figure out what developers to support next time around. Maybe we could even have some developers toss together a homebrew app for it.

This whole thing wasn't planned or organized. It took on a life of it's own because of the strength of our community. Imagine what happens with a little forethought and preparation!
    Well after spending the afternoon playing with my new app, wIRC and getting to know some of the people over at #webos-internals, I felt like I should donate. And, I was told about this forum moniker thing.

So, donated:30$.

Total: 30$

-edit-
    Oh, I didn't realize it was "over". Well, I still donated anyways. jno regrets there. The people at webos-internals are great and I owe a lot to the patches they produce
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    This whole thing wasn't planned or organized. It took on a life of it's own because of the strength of our community.
    That's the beauty of it. Who would have thought that a simple post would snowball into something incredible!

It was cool watching the totals climb and I think everyone enjoyed participating, it definitely got people involved!

Great job to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    It never fails... I mean never, every time I try to correct someone on the internet I make my own mistake. I just noticed I typed "none" instead of "known". I edited my post to fix it, but not before you immortalized it in a quote...
    I totally thought that was on purpose. I thought it was the perfect level of ironic commentary!
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 05/21/2010 at 06:50 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I totally thought that was on purpose. I thought it was the perfect level of ironic commentary!
    Doh.... so I could have gotten away with it and made fun of someone else for correcting me... I just can't win.
    So the big question is, do we make this annual or for when new hardware comes out?
    Or shall we just let runakraine surprise us at some point in the year?
    I say we let runukraine surprise us! Stealth fundraising...woohoo.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    runukraine is the man of the forums, I'm leaving it up to him. but i hope he send me a PM before so i could go over some idea's first. Next time will be bigger and better forsure.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I seriously think my productivity at work took at least a 10% dive due to the number of times I checked the thread.
    I must of refreshed it every 30 mins at least at work over the last two days to see 'how far have we gotten now?' - this was really an awesome show of appreciation that I was glad to be a part of.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    So the big question is, do we make this annual or for when new hardware comes out?
    I think annual. People do donate throughout the year but making it a big once a year event with the idea of supporting all homebrew WebOS development would make it more special. I think it should always start on June 6 to mark the anniversary of the Pre. Being an annual event could also maybe bring some press from tech blogosphere. Just my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    hopefully new hardware will be more often than once per year...
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    runukraine is the man of the forums, I'm leaving it up to him. but i hope he send me a PM before so i could go over some idea's first. Next time will be bigger and better forsure.
    Yeah next time maybe we'll really get some big time entertainment. Maybe even Jerry Lewis.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I had made a donation of $150 last week otherwise I would have been in on this. Good Job guys!!!!!!!!!!
    And I think we SHOULD make it annual. Just my 0.02
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hi,

I donated $20 earlier in the telethon. (May 11, 2010 - 6MC21517T42xxxxxx)
    I just donated another $10... a little past 9pm... (May 14, 2010 - 1FY223289X3xxxxxx)

Total: $30

Can't thank the Homebrew community enough for all they do!
    I am an avid Homebrew, Patch, PreCentral user! The phone becomes complete through the use of patches.

Thank you again!
    I say annual as well, but I think we also need webOS Internal's input on the frequency. The "telethon" is over, but there is plenty that still needs to be done.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Wow, this thing did good.......good job preple!!!!! I hope this telethon makes the webOSinternals gang feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    I say annual at the very most. Wouldn't wanna overdo it and give people donation fatigue. Or discourage folks from donating on their own throughout the rest of the year.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Wow, this thing did good.......good job preple!!!!! I hope this telethon makes the webOSinternals gang feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    Since rwhitby is unplugged for the weekend, I'll jump in and say that it certainly does.