Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is a moderator going to close this thread? Or is it being left open?

I sure hope not, This should be left open until Monday. I'm sure Rod would like to say something again.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I think this "telethon" was a great idea, but some of us have been donating to the homebrew cause all along. My only gripe is that awarding a special label only to those who contributed during this event (unless I missed something), kind of makes me feel like my, and others', contributions weren't as appreciated. Somebody tell me it ain't so!
    This "telethon" was something that happened sort-of haphazardly and morphed into something... dare I say "magical". It prompted people and companies to break out large sums of money that they wouldn't have done without this type of motivation. I have also donated before, but felt compelled to do so again. Not to say you or anyone else shouldn't get a special badge for donations.... In other words, I think something very specific in scope is needed to commemorate this particular *magic* moment and maybe something different for those who donate or do great things outside of this particular moment.

my 2 cents...
    Last edited by daaknes; 05/14/2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Clarification and typo's
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I just donated another 20, so that brings me to $30 total.
    I feel dirty for cutting the minimum but to me, that's about $5 an app
    I think this "telethon" was a great idea, but some of us have been donating to the homebrew cause all along. My only gripe is that awarding a special label only to those who contributed during this event (unless I missed something), kind of makes me feel like my, and others', contributions weren't as appreciated. Somebody tell me it ain't so!
    really? Then you can have my title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    It isn't so. I only did $10 but that's all I got, the true money is in saying Thank you to all of them for their hard work. Everything else is extra, I
    You'd be surprised, but some (very few, I must say) of the developers never take the time to give a "thanks" back when you show appreciation in both word and funds. It's just a courtesy thing, but it goes a long way when it flows both ways
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Every donation from everyone at anytime from anywhere and any amount is always appreciated. At least I assume that I can say that for all who have received donations... you may smack me if not...
    All donator's deserve a huge thanks!!!!!
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Oh, that's cool; I'll contribute more in the future, to be sure. I'm just saying, a "Top Homebrew Supporter" should be more than just someone who gave $30 to get that label. You and I were probably top supporters long before this event, and likely will continue to be...as it should be from people truly thankful for the work of others.

I'm lost, So your more thankful cause you have more money to donate year round. I'm sorry but this was a very fun thing to do and it brought the precentral community together and i got to know a lot of screen names that I'm sure to chit chat again in the forums.

There was a Goal that had to be made and it was a nice push to get some people to put in a little extra to try and get on the list, Lots of fundraisers do this.

This isn't about who gave more. Rod I'm sure is happy that people are enjoying his hard work.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine;2441640

[B
    Become a Top Homebrew Supporter Today![/B]

Last day of the telethon. Every dollar and donation counts. Thank you to everyone who has donated. We are moving closer and closer to our goal of $5,000... it would be great to see a sprint to the finish.

I wanted to remind everyone of the "Top Homebrew Supporter" distinction. Every individual who donates a combined total of at least $30 during the course of this telethon earns the honor.
    Consider this a leaderboard... you want to get on it... you know how to do it!
    I know some people donated hundreds of dollars, shouldn't they be in the leaderboard (who donated $450?)....p.s. can I be in here too?
    really? Then you can have my title.
    Don't want yours; you earned it!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    I think something very specific in scope is needed to commemorate this particular *magic* moment
    agreed. i am sure that most people donate on a regular basis, but that people donated just from the hint of an idea and that we all got so excited and behind it, i say that is something special and, of nothing else, shows the homebrew developers that we are behind them 1000%.

I could never dream of doing what they do, I work in technology, mostly business analyst support and mainframe (cobol) applications. I wish I understood this stuff, but my brain can't take anymore learning I consider myself very lucky to have found this forum and the people here.
    You'd be surprised, but some (very few, I must say) of the developers never take the time to give a "thanks" back when you show appreciation in both word and funds. It's just a courtesy thing, but it goes a long way when it flows both ways
    seriously? Stop already. You have soooo missed the point. This isn't about you, or me, or titles... This is about the homebrewers. You are sucking all the joy out of the moment. Google narcissism, pls.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/14/2010 at 08:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    seriously? Stop alreadt. You ha e soooo missed the point. This isn't about you, or me, or titles... This is about the home brewers. You are sucking all the joy out of the moment. Goolge narcissism, pls.
    ohhh.... angry typing has been kown to produce the most typos....
    Last edited by daaknes; 05/14/2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Doh.... had my own typo to fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I'm lost, So your more thankful cause you have more money to donate year round. I'm sorry but this was a very fun thing to do and it brought the precentral community together and i got to know a lot of screen names that I'm sure to chit chat again in the forums.

There was a Goal that had to be made and it was a nice push to get some people to put in a little extra to try and get on the list, Lots of fundraisers do this.

This isn't about who gave more. Rod I'm sure is happy that people are enjoying his hard work.
    No, it's not about being "more" thankful, or donating year round. It's just that these guys need our CONTINUING support. I'd like to think that people donate when they enjoy something or find it useful, and not because they got a "nice push;" that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    ohhh.... angry typing has been none to produce the most typos....
    lol, it's more that 'typing on my pre with thumbs' causes the most typos. Dieting doesn't make my thumbs get thinner... :-(
    @pookie

please stop. Seriously.
    I don't see any reason to close the thread. If this thread continues to inspire people do donate then that would be a good thing.
    This is about the home brewers.
    Exactly. I just hope people will remember that outside of this event (which I did say was a great idea). The home brewers need our support ALWAYS.

Now, on the issue of telethons, maybe we could make this an annual event?
    @pookie

please stop. Seriously.
    Sorry; must have hit a nerve with you; I'm outta here.
    annual? I say we do it when new handsets arrive. That will dring a major influx of new members!

the name is amusing, too. At first the term :telethon' sounded old fashioned because we weren't phoning in pledges... But this is about are phones, and we post from our phones.

someone creative will probably come up with a better name and a logo for a 'brew-a-thon'...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    lol, it's more that 'typing on my pre with thumbs' causes the most typos. Dieting doesn't make my thumbs get thinner... :-(
    It never fails... I mean never, every time I try to correct someone on the internet I make my own mistake. I just noticed I typed "none" instead of "known". I edited my post to fix it, but not before you immortalized it in a quote...