Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    As promised another donation, $20.00 this time....Total now $4,615.00
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    $385 to go, Call your neighbors -
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    forgwt the neighors. Call Ruby. Call HP. Tell them to match the funds!
    $10
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm so proud to be a part of this community and this effort. I hope we make the $5000.
    The tension is killing me.

$400 from me personally.
    Just donated another $20....that makes $30 total from me in telethon donations.

Not sure what current total is...are we over $5k yet?
    I believe Dieter's donation was the final HUGE shove over the goal!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    +5
    Being this close, you KNOW I had to kick in again.

So - where are we at?
    $5,050 telethon total so far

We did it folks! Will some room to spare! I would like to thank everyone. Those $5 donations add up, and together, we reached and exceeded the goal! Awesome!

BTW -- still time to get your's in, and build a surplus for webOS Internals. The "Top Homebrew Supporter" tag is still available for donations of $30+
    Last edited by spdsktr; 05/14/2010 at 06:26 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    $50 from me.

Guess that makes it an even $5,100
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Being old, I have already carried far to many "titles" in my time, so no change is required/desired - just tickled to help out. IMHO the real "Top" is that "editor in chief" guy.

A great idea, and fun to follow along this week!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Hopefully we can get a few more donations before the "telethon" ends and plz DIGG me:

Digg my story WebOS Internals WebOS Internals "Telethon" #webOS #Palm #HP #Palm Pre/Pixi
    I just added my small amount of $20.00. I wish I could of done more but being a single mom, money is very tight. I hope this helps some. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    A little late in the game, but I'm proud to donate again.

+$40 from sunny North Dakota.
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    I just added my small amount of $20.00. I wish I could of done more but being a single mom, money is very tight. I hope this helps some. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!
    No, this is the best kind of donation. The ones who do not have a lot to give, but do so anyway knowing it will only make things a bit tighter.

You and those in your position are the ones who truly deserve the top hat.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
  19.    #439  
    Wow! So when I started this thread I totally expected at most a few hundred bucks to come in. Now here we are less than a week later having raised over $5,000!

Unbelievable!

I love that all stripes of members participated. People with 1,000+ posts and people with no posts. Developers, bloggers, and people with no discernible tech skills (that'd be me).

I love that WebOS Internals embraced the spirit of generosity and started their own HotApps contest to share the love (and money) with the rest of the developer community.

Congrats to everyone! Great ideas came from all over the place to promote the telethon. Greg Mair thought to set a goal. Imex99 started digging and tweeting and promoting. Webosroundup blogged it. Cantaffordit thanked everyone and kept bumping the thread whenever it needed bumping. Spdsktr came up with the Top Homebrew Supporter idea. And how about that Editor-In-Chief of ours putting us over the top! I'm sure there were others out there promoting and making things happen so thank you to you too!

What say we proclaim this successful event the "1st Annual"?
  20.    #440  
    $5,180 so far! Still some time left!