Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know if I can use a prepaid visa on Paypal to make my donation? I don't believe in credit/debit cards but would buy a prepaid one so I can still make a donation, just don't want to buy the prepaid visa card if Paypal doesn't accept those. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I propose one big last push tomorrow. I'm certainly adding another donation tomorrow. We can easily hit 5k by the end of tomorrow.
    Anyone in on blitzing the target?
    A couple of posts above I suggested that everyone come back on Friday with another $10 because that could be $2,500 more if every donor gave another $10.

On that same note, do we know what time on Friday we are considering to be the "deadline"... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Does anyone know if I can use a prepaid visa on Paypal to make my donation? I don't believe in credit/debit cards but would buy a prepaid one so I can still make a donation, just don't want to buy the prepaid visa card if Paypal doesn't accept those. Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure, but you can just open a Paypal account (for free) and tie it to your checking account without any connection to any bank card. That's actually the genius of paypal. You can send money to someone without them ever knowing how you paid for it, and without them every having direct access to your payment info.

I also don't believe in credit cards, so my donations and other paypal purchases come directly from a checking account that is only used for that, which is part of our budgeting strategy. No credit card needed.
  4.    #324  
    I've had problems using a prepaid Amex with Paypal. In theory you should be able to set it up by registering your prepaid card to your billing address online.

It's never worked for me with the prepaid Amex cards that work gives as rewards. I register them. Enter my billing address on Paypal, but it won't process the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm not sure, but you can just open a Paypal account (for free) and tie it to your checking account without any connection to any bank card. That's actually the genius of paypal. You can send money to someone without them ever knowing how you paid for it, and without them every having direct access to your payment info.

I also don't believe in credit cards, so my donations and other paypal purchases come directly from a checking account that is only used for that, which is part of our budgeting strategy. No credit card needed.
    Thanks. I know how Paypal works as I used it years ago for ebay. However, I don't believe in banks either anymore, I guess you could say I'm a cash only type of person. Could anyone confirm if a prepaid Visa will work or not? I really need to make this donation.

Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    I've had problems using a prepaid Amex with Paypal. In theory you should be able to set it up by registering your prepaid card to your billing address online.

It's never worked for me with the prepaid Amex cards that work gives as rewards. I register them. Enter my billing address on Paypal, but it won't process the card.
    It appears they only take Visa/Mastercad on the donation page so hopefully it was just because you were using Amex. I still have hope that a Visa might work though.
    Thanks. I know how Paypal works as I used it years ago for ebay. However, I don't believe in banks either anymore, I guess you could say I'm a cash only type of person. Could anyone confirm if a prepaid Visa will work or not? I really need to make this donation.

It appears they only take Visa/Mastercad on the donation page so hopefully it was just because you were using Amex. I still have hope that a Visa might work though.
    I can only suggest that you try it, unless someone else has a prepaid card they can try. I don't have any prepaid cards or I'd take a shot. Sorry.
    time to bump this thread to grab some momentum on the forum...
  8.    #328  
    $3,260 appears to be our current total
  9.    #329  
    Sorry... wasn't clear in my post... I meant in general I've had problems. When I try to use my prepaid Amex to make donations to Kiva (microlending non-profit organization, Kiva - Loans that change lives) it's never worked. They take my regular Amex, but not my prepaid Amex.

Nope. My donations are on Amex.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    $10 from me, total of $40 that I've donated.....

Will give one more small donation on pay day tomorrow!!!

$3,270.00 total
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    25 hours left on our telethon........
    Fine, now you got me all hooked up with your donation craze! Donated another 30$ (that makes it 49$ total from me). I really hope you are happy know ;-)

Just kidding, I love the homebrew guys! Hope to see the 5K.

The total is 3.300 $ now.

Cheers
    Christoph
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    25 hours left on our telethon........
    On that note, I'm actually camping in the Australian outback this weekend (starting in 8 hours from now), so I will miss the currently scheduled end of the telethon.

But, if it hits $5K by your Monday morning, we will extend the open source homebrew hot apps and patches to the top 10 apps and separately the top 10 patches - a total of 20 x $100 given back to the open source homebrew developers.

I will be out of network coverage for the whole weekend, so will not be able to access any running totals or stats until Sunday night (my time).

Thanks again to everyone who has donated.

-- Rod
    Rod, be careful and have a great time......
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    On that note, I'm actually camping in the Australian outback this weekend (starting in 8 hours from now), so I will miss the currently scheduled end of the telethon.

But, if it hits $5K by your Monday morning, we will extend the open source homebrew hot apps and patches to the top 10 apps and separately the top 10 patches - a total of 20 x $100 given back to the open source homebrew developers.

I will be out of network coverage for the whole weekend, so will not be able to access any running totals or stats until Sunday night (my time).

Thanks again to everyone who has donated.

-- Rod
    I can't decide if I'm unhappy that you are in such a beautiful place while we are stuck at a desk, or excited that you have the chance to test the camera on your Pre in such a remote place...

...either way, take lots of pictures.
  18.    #338  
    $3,300

Very nice!

Tomorrow being payday and all, here's hoping $1700 more is within reach!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    On that note, I'm actually camping in the Australian outback this weekend
    May all of your kangaroo encounters be happy ones!
    Rod, to bad you're gonna be out in the wild and will miss the entertainment portion of the telethon

Have a great weekend!!!

There is gonna be entertainment isn't there?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation