1. PrX
    Hi everyone,
    I have question for you, dear developers. Could you develop piano, guitar and/or drums for Palm Pre and Pixi?
    It is possible to see e.g. Mini Piano, Pianist or iBand for webOS with multitouch support and without lags?
    Thanks in advance for reply.
    Best regards,
    PrX
    i don't think there's any multitouch support outside of the imageviewer, at least as far as i know. i am working on a little piano, but mostly focused toward kids as a learning tool.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Multitouch support is all over the browser and in a lot of PDK games. While I'm not a developer, it's my understanding that something that already exists in a bunch of apps cannot be impossible. So these instrument apps are possible to make indeed - the problem is going to be to find a developer who's going to make them for an OS that's not widely adopted at all.

You seriously might want to find the devs responsible for making a similar iPhone app and ask them to port it to webOS. With the PDK, porting jobs purportedly only take a few hours in the best case and a few days in the worst...
  4. PrX
    Thanks for replies!
    Shanerooni, please tell me when you finish the app, I'll check it
    Best regards,
    PrX
    Quote Originally Posted by PrX View Post
    Thanks for replies!
    Shanerooni, please tell me when you finish the app, I'll check it
    will do. feel free to follow me on twitter to beta test. should be starting it in a week or two. am looking for a resource that has all the key tones for all 88 keys. if you know of any, i'd appreciate it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Multitouch support is all over the browser and in a lot of PDK games. While I'm not a developer, it's my understanding that something that already exists in a bunch of apps cannot be impossible. So these instrument apps are possible to make indeed - the problem is going to be to find a developer who's going to make them for an OS that's not widely adopted at all.
    The multitouch support exists in the browser, etc. because it is basic and for pinch-to-zoom support. It isn't some special implementation. Those require the PDK, as it supports multiple mouse sources, whereas the browser (i.e. what webOS' UI runs on) does NOT support multiple mice (fingers).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  7. PrX
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    will do. feel free to follow me on twitter to beta test. should be starting it in a week or two. am looking for a resource that has all the key tones for all 88 keys. if you know of any, i'd appreciate it.
    Hi,
    I searched for this but I'm found nothing. But maybe author of Omniano (Windows Mobile piano) can share sounds? I had this app and files (.mp3) of every tone are stored in Omniano folder. But actually I have no Windows Phone...

Here's his homepage: sheon.tistory.com
    Best regards,
    PrX
    is that in korean? i can't read that. is there anywhere on the site that has an email address? i actually visualized almost the same layout he has for the app - too funny! i guess there's really only 1 good way to do it.

***EDIT: i emailed the dev via his youtube page. hopefully he'll be able to help out. his omniano app is pretty sweet, but mine will be focused more toward helping kids learn piano keys/notes (and adults i suppose )
    Last edited by shanerooni; 05/10/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
  9. PrX
    Maybe Korean, I dunno, but Google Translate may help
    Yeah, this app is good but only for Windows Mobile.

This is his profile (link to the profile is shown on the sidebar): sheon.tistory.com/204
    Best regards,
    PrX