Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    If you guys need people to test it out. im GAME
    Can anyone try this on a JooJoo tablet??
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I have a tablet with an IDE drive I could try this out on, but could someone first run me through how to take the image out of the emulator or virtualbox and make it Ghost-able?

Hmm, looks like I'll have to try this when I get home.
    Last edited by Maturin; 05/17/2010 at 12:46 PM.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    I have a tablet with an IDE drive I could try this out on, but could someone first run me through how to take the image out of the emulator or virtualbox and make it Ghost-able?

Hmm, looks like I'll have to try this when I get home.

We're in the same boat
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Hey, do guys have access to a linux install?
    Quote Originally Posted by sabianadmin View Post
    Hey, do guys have access to a linux install?

I have kubuntu running in VirtualBox.
    Has any one tried this on a Windows mobile based PDA yet? I would love to put webOS on my Dell Axim!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    I have kubuntu running in VirtualBox.
    Ok will mount the vmdk from the sdk (which should be in /Users/<youruname>/library/VirtualBox/Harddrives if you a mac user) then using GDDrescue or just DDrescue copy the mounted drive to a connected harddisk then simply just eject (/yank out) the drive and slot it back into your system

When you see the grub boot sceen press esc and it will take you to the grub menu which has the word linux in it, press E and go to vga= part and change it to vga=343 (800*600 32) then press enter and B and it will begin the boot process. if it say the video is incorrect press enter and select your desired resolution, you will notice it dosnt render properly passed the resolution of the palm pre, we are working on that.
    Last edited by sabianadmin; 05/18/2010 at 08:18 AM.
    Thank You so much! I will try this as soon as I get home from work!
    No problems, i hope it works for you :-)
  11.    #91  
    scaing up to pc resolution is coming along. Anyone else booting this on their PC yet?

still need sata/usb drives added to the kernel so it can be tested on a newer machine.
    I will compile a kernel when i get the chance, im gunna use 2.6.33 , any objections?
  13.    #93  
    should be fine. Add modules for HP touchsmart screens if you can.
    Ok HP touch smart drivers it is, also intel gma graphic chip drivers for netbooks and the like, can someone give me what the exact spec of the JooJoo is.... ;-)
    How about on a compatible slate pc? there's a bunch on sale on Ebay. Those should work too. Even an HP Slate!
    can you give us details on how we can do this? or a video? Many of us have hardware laying around.
    yah. i've got a dell mini 9 with a touchscreen.. i'd love to see a tutorial (for mac users hehee) for making a bootable memory stick. would make a helluva ereader and general computing device... and with regard to the joo joo.. i can't even comprehend why anybody would give them money for that thing.. at that price point you might as well just buy an ipad.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    can you give us details on how we can do this? or a video? Many of us have hardware laying around.
    Here is how you do it. It's not really usable yet. We need to figure out touch and mouse support first. Until then, there's not much you can do.
    Mounted the Webos vmdk drive to the Kubuntu install
    Thats the only part I don't get

Thanks for all the help!
    I'm thinking of getting one of those cheap apads running android...what dya think?how hard would it be to install webOS on it?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast