Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ok first thing we need to do apparently is edit the Grub boot line vga property to vga=u (if you have a netbook running at 800x600)

Interface doesnt scale, will need patching, should be easy, heres a screenshot: img64.imageshack.us/img64/953/webospc.png (sorry apparently im too new to post links, while annoying it makes sense)
  2.    #42  
    luna.conf has a setting for 320x480(using pre image). editing this seems to have no affect, but i've done very little testing. I'm first trying to expand the launcher to fill 640X480. Many of the apps seem to be ok at higher resolutions. Right now I'm just working in the emulator. What works there should transfer over to the PC.
    well have you tried first centering the launcher? is the interface styled by CSS? if so you could align the dock (assuming its in a div) to the center, that was one of the problems that i saw when i was running the desktop in 'wide screen' mode or if style is inline either edit it in the JSJSJS $or$ $create$ $and$ $override$ !$important$ $tag$ $in$ $the$ $css$.
    Last edited by sabianadmin; 05/15/2010 at 06:26 AM.
    Hmm i just found DocToGo folder with fonts in /usr/share/ , any reason that would be there? where abouts is the UI installed to?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    It would be cool to be able to boot this from a USB drive.
    it should be that hard to get it booting off of a usb, i have my eye set on the netbook to tablet conversion im doing, also for the record we legally wont be allowed to distribute our image but we can find our way around that once done.
  7.    #47  
    Once we get this thing USB bootable, I can test it on close to 200 different models of PC. I sell PC's for a living, so have access to tablets, touch screen all in one's, etc.
    hey cdowers, pm me and we can go trough what needs doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdowers View Post
    Once we get this thing USB bootable, I can test it on close to 200 different models of PC. I sell PC's for a living, so have access to tablets, touch screen all in one's, etc.
    I want this on my HP touchsmart! If I can help in anyway to get that going let me know....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    wow this is awesome!! i want this on a tablet pc!!
    I'm in too. I will try to put the image onto my hard drive and see how it goes.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    i have a touchscreen monitor. would it work?
    Seems some parts scaled themselves to the resolution of the computer and perhaps the aspect ratio of it rather than the fixed Pre resolution and aspect?!

Since Palm have claimed WebOS being resolution independent and ready for larger screens, I kind of expected more of the core/UI to be auto-scaling and aware of it's "surroundings".

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    WebOS on an HP Tablet Just a mockup, but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zonyl; 05/16/2010 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabianadmin View Post
    Hmm i just found DocToGo folder with fonts in /usr/share/ , any reason that would be there? where abouts is the UI installed to?
    Docs View was done by Dataviz and those are fonts used by it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdowers View Post
    luna.conf has a setting for 320x480(using pre image). editing this seems to have no affect, but i've done very little testing. I'm first trying to expand the launcher to fill 640X480. Many of the apps seem to be ok at higher resolutions. Right now I'm just working in the emulator. What works there should transfer over to the PC.
    It'd be willing to help out with creation of a massive patch to format webOS interface to a higher resolution. I toyed with that aspect a long while ago when I tried making the emulator full-screen on my computer. Thankfully, Palm's CSS3 support has improved since then. Using background-size CSS, it should be a fair bit easier scaling images to fit resolutions other than 320x480.

Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Seems some parts scaled themselves to the resolution of the computer and perhaps the aspect ratio of it rather than the fixed Pre resolution and aspect?!

Since Palm have claimed WebOS being resolution independent and ready for larger screens, I kind of expected more of the core/UI to be auto-scaling and aware of it's "surroundings".
    A LOT does scale fine, however there's also a fair amount in the emulator hardcoded to 320x480, especially background images.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 05/16/2010 at 02:16 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    yeah boi!

best news of the weekend!!
    Any chance of support for multi touch track pads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    Any chance of support for multi touch track pads?
    I would imagine that the touchscreen and multi-touch stuff would require only the addition of a proper device driver for that hardware. I assume at some point, if this becomes viable, some kind soul will write them.
    I can't wait to get this running on my carPC!!!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast