1.    #1  
    Here's one for you seasoned developers out there, is using the Ares IDE a good start to learn on this platform or do you think it's better to start from and build up your first app from scratch?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohsp View Post
    Here's one for you seasoned developers out there, is using the Ares IDE a good start to learn on this platform or do you think it's better to start from and build up your first app from scratch?
    ares is a great place to start...and stay if you want. I have only found a few slight limitations but they truly are negligable. You will be able to do 95% of the things you can do with the eclipse plugin.

some things require a few tricks to get it to work in ares but just use the forums and we will help.

good luck,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I've been using Ares is make an app that will expand polynomial factors. When I started this project I didn't have much, if any experience with javascript/HTML/CSS, although I did have experience with other languages. With Ares, I've found I can worry less about the WebOS framework and more about the actual code.
    i made a bunch of apps before ares was available. trying to go from the SDK to ares didn't work when i looked into it. just much more comfortable being able to control everything.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix