Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawalli View Post
    Jason, apparently you can sell paid apps through the web feed of the app catalog, so you wouldnt need to verify it with palm and you would still be able to sell it through a palm channel (more eyes + still showing up on homebrew/preware as well)
    Unfortunately, that would still have the the issue of the app not showing up for people out of paid apps countries that having it in the App Catalog would have.

And for the record, although Palm doesn't do the full evaluation, the apps submitted to the web feed are still checked to block out advanced homebrew (services, patces, themes, advanced apps, etc.).

What I might do to get around the country restrictions, is to look into the possibility of doing "extended homebrew beta" for excluded countries only.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    @Jason
    how's the dropbox app coming?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm curious of the current status, too. Can't wait to see the results.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here's my referral link for DropBox if ya wanna try it [url]
    if you don't already have a dropbox account, use Jason's referral link (a nice way to semi-donate, help him for time put in) and both YOU & he get extra 250 MB or something. I already signed up, but after this thread was started, and so I emailed customer service saying I forgot the link and they still applied it.

his link (not mine) is : referral link for DropBox https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI3NzQxNTg5
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'm really looking forward to Jason's app! I am unable to have a PayPal account, but can buy apps, so I've been waiting for a chance to support him. It's going to be the best part of my WebUI uTorrent downloading to my Dropbox folder combo I just set up. Dropboxify gets it done, but I'm looking forward to the Internalz-style UI and everything else he's going to do to make it amazing. I'd buy it even if it was $50. No joke.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    What I may do is offer a paid homebrew release for those who can't get the paid App Catalog in their region.
    (Something like) That would be a great idea...
    ...since I am desperately waiting for this app and don't have access to paid Apps Catalog.

Thanks for your great effort.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    What I might do to get around the country restrictions, is to look into the possibility of doing "extended homebrew beta" for excluded countries only.
    That is also fine for me.

And finally get the paid version, as soon as we get access to it.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acarback View Post
    I really want a Dropbox solution for webOS. Donations, love, and kudos to whoever does it!
    +1

As for love, I might have to motivate my wife to do some winking with the eyes.
    +1 indeed!!! I bought Dropboxify when the 50% off sale started and it wasn't what I expected. It is now capable of uploading, which is really nice. I can even click "upload new video/picture" and it goes straight to the camera and back into dropbox.

I would love love love the opportunity to download! There hasn't been any word with Dropboxify as to whether or not they're even working on it.

Also, if anybody else here uses Dropboxify, are you having problems opening anything? My .mp3's load forever and run into errors and it says there is no program available for opening .jpg's!! I can't seem to find a thread for Dropboxify, so I thought I'd try my luck here. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyface618 View Post
    it says there is no program available for opening .jpg's!!
    I can't speak for Dropboxify, but webOS doesn't have the Photos app set as the default handle for jpg files, thus many programs receive the error response from attempts to open images. This is why both Internalz and my dropbox app have the built-in image viewer
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    .... This is why both Internalz and my dropbox app have the built-in image viewer
    Ooohhh....so you really have a dropbox app in work!

How far are you? Is there going to be a beta version soon?

I can't wait.

All the best on your way to the app.
    What he said. Jason, I am eagerly awaiting your dropbox app!
    Jason, glad to hear that you're working on an alternative to Dropboxify... it's ok, but from experience, everything you put your efforts into always seems to set the bar! Can't wait to see what you're working on here!

Blo
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well, I was about to pull the trigger and buy dropboxify but just saw Jason's comment above. I can wait a bit longer!
    glad someone is jumping on this... because even tho the Palm Pre (webOS) request is up HIGHER than the BB on votebox... the BB got the ok from dropbox!?!? ***
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    .... This is why both Internalz and my dropbox app have the built-in image viewer
    Hi Jason

Any news on the dropbox app?

Thanks in advance. Can't wait.

(BTW: Do you need any Beta Testers? Just Drop me a line.)
    *bump* ?
    Best webOS-mod ever: have a look
    I just installed dropbox on my 4 computers today and wanted to do the same for webos, so I installed dropboxify. it is not bad, until I went to upload files, I have to select them one at a time, what a drag, I want to do like I do on the PC, just mark a bunch files or folders to keep synched and then not worry about it.

That may not be realistic with the limited space available on a phone, but I still would like the ability select lots of files at the same time to que so I don't have to go through lots of tedious steps to get my files up.

Also, I would like to say where they go in drop box, right now they seem to just dump into the drop box root.

Soooo.... that brings me to the question, Is Jason's app done and does it do these thing? This thread seemed to die a few months ago. Is the app available anywhere?
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    From what I recall of those particular APIs, regular apps don't have access to read the contents of a folder -- only use the supplied file picker to pick a single file at a time. I don't recall whether Jason was aiming for a homebrew release or app catalog, but he can use his file manager service to do that sort of thing in a homebrew app.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234