Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Jason how is work coming on the dropbox app?
    actually pretty good. I'm aiming at an App Catalog app with this one. As such, I'm avoiding making my own homebrew services. As a result, it will be more in the style opf ZumoDrive, rather than tranditional dropbox (where folders locally are synced online). I'm refashioning an Internalz-style GUI for it too
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    About how much will it run? really doesn't mattter I would still purchase it my dropbox storage is increasing daily with referrals. The latest Zumodrive lets you upload files from the Pre will that be possible and will it be a music player or will the Pre's music player be able to play the files? So Internalz is on hold for the moment right? As always if you need any beta tester I am more than willing to assist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    actually pretty good. I'm aiming at an App Catalog app with this one.
    I see. You want that little price

Thanks for the update! (Yes, I can't wait.)
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    About how much will it run? really doesn't mattter I would still purchase it my dropbox storage is increasing daily with referrals. The latest Zumodrive lets you upload files from the Pre will that be possible and will it be a music player or will the Pre's music player be able to play the files? So Internalz is on hold for the moment right? As always if you need any beta tester I am more than willing to assist.
    @Jason, don't low ball yourself on price if it is offical app. A service like this is of great value. Not to mention you deserve some rewards for all you do. WebOS Internals got a lot of attention this weekend with the telethon, but you are just as important to the WebOS community!
    No idea how much I'll put it up for yet. Yes, it should support upload/download, not certain about streaming, but hopefully. Internalz is not on hold, I'm just able to save development time by using a bunch of Internalz's code as a base. I'm actually looking forward to for Internalz v1.1 is looking, with a "master mode" for removing write/delete restrictions, permission/read-only handling, and dynamic text-file detection.

Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    I see. You want that little price
    Unfortunately, yea, I gotta. Spent too much time on free software and donations lately have been really slow and I need to keep development worth the time investment

Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    @Jason, don't low ball yourself on price if it is offical app. A service like this is of great value. Not to mention you deserve some rewards for all you do. WebOS Internals got a lot of attention this weekend with the telethon, but you are just as important to the WebOS community!
    Thanks for the kind words, very much appreciated

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Hope you make a ton on this app, Jason. You deserve it.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Just made my first donation for a webOS developer.
    I encourage anyone using "great" free apps to do the same.

Thanks Jason for your work. It's really appreciated.

PS. Can't wait for Dropbox for webOS
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Awesome man day one purchase for me. I just started using dropbox and I love it. Can't wait for a WebOS app.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I think this sounds great, and I know you need some kinda income from making these things...

but keep in mind, many of us still aren't allowed to buy apps. Would you consider an advertising-supported version as well? Or a 'donation'-supported homebrew?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    2 to 4 dollars seems reasonable, although not all of us have credit cards...
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Would you consider an advertising-supported version as well? Or a 'donation'-supported homebrew?
    Ad-ware is annoying, blockable and against my personal philosophy.

And I've tried donationware for virtually all my current hombrew releases (which are a significant collective amount of apps and patches). I've done that for nearly a year, and to date, my total income from it has only been around the amount the WebOS-Internals folks raised in their brief telethon (not that they don't deserve it; they totally do and were gracious enough to purchase me a developer device, I'm just using it as a comparative value). Which is why I need to move into paid apps, I'm a full time student and need to make the time spent worth it.

What I may do is offer a paid homebrew release for those who can't get the paid App Catalog in their region.

Jason - thanks for all you do. I have donated twice and will be donating again on payday, b/c I use so many of your apps/patches. I suggested on the Telethon thread that we do one for you, as well, since you are adding an equal amount of value to webOS as webOSinternals, but there hasn't been much interest (I think people are afraid that folks will get bored with Telethons and not donate). Wish I could do more...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Jason - thanks for all you do. I have donated twice and will be donating again on payday, b/c I use so many of your apps/patches. I suggested on the Telethon thread that we do one for you, as well, since you are adding an equal amount of value to webOS as webOSinternals, but there hasn't been much interest (I think people are afraid that folks will get bored with Telethons and not donate). Wish I could do more...
    I had no idea (before this post) that Jason was NOT benefiting from the telethon. I assumed it was for the entire Homebrew group and that Jason was a big part of that.

yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I had no idea (before this post) that Jason was NOT benefiting from the telethon. I assumed it was for the entire Homebrew group and that Jason was a big part of that.

yikes.
    He did benefit in one way: webOSinternals bought him a developer's pixi, so he could support his apps better on the Pixi. But cash-wise the Telethon really was specifically for webOSinternals.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Can't wait!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Jason, here's a $19.74can ($20us). Thanks again for providing all of the patches and apps, making my Pre much, much, more enjoyable.
    Ive donated small amounts around the webos homebrew/patch community but Jason has been given my biggest donation as i firmly believe w/o him the webos-internals team would not be where they are and w/o the udc the patch community w/ be seriously lacking.

Keep up the good work Jason!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I've been there for you before and I'll be there for you again...going thru a difficult time right now but there's light at the end of the tunnel! I'll definately be in to buy this app and in the near future I hope to be able to kick some bills toward you, Rod & crew,2sslow, and a couple other patch dev's who have been instrumental in making my phone the best in the world! Keep up the great work, all...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I really want a Dropbox solution for webOS. Donations, love, and kudos to whoever does it!
    - acarback

aka Roots Up Development
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

yikes.
    In that case, lets help out. Jason, I've donated to you before, and while I may have qualified for a "Top Homebrew Supporter" for the telethon, I cannot have that title in good conscious without donating to you again. Here's $30. You have more then earned 10 x that, and I will help out when I can. I will be a day one purchaser of your app, and happy to shell out $5 or more for it.

Thanks for all you do to make my Pre rock.

I challenge the rest of you: look in preware at your installed packages, and go through and look at the author. Chances are several are from Canuck Software which is Jason Robitaille
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast