Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sbromwich View Post
    On a side note, I am tracking information on these kernels at Application:SBromwichKernel - WebOS Internals for anyone wanting to keep up with changelogs.

Cheers, Steve
    Thanks for the change log. I have been trying to follow this kernel closely.

I installed the .19 version a week ago and got a continuous loop restart, had to doctor. I'm in no ways complaining as it is experimental but just wanted to chime my 2 cents. I will be looking to try it again sometime soon though. Thanks for your work!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Thanks for the change log. I have been trying to follow this kernel closely.

I installed the .19 version a week ago and got a continuous loop restart, had to doctor. I'm in no ways complaining as it is experimental but just wanted to chime my 2 cents. I will be looking to try it again sometime soon though. Thanks for your work!
    Note that -19 was never announced as a release for that very reason. The reboot loop was fixed in the first announced release.

-- Rod
  3.    #23  
    I just pushed out -25 with the wfi instruction removed. If that isn't the regression I have my eye on an alternative which will take a bit more work (removing wfi was an easy quick hit).

Please let me know if this helps or hinders battery life.

Cheers, Steve
    You should see fewer powerd messages but they are not eliminated (those messages are coming from powerd, which is closed source and therefore not feasible to fix). I would be interested to see how things turn out with Nodoze running.

Cheers, Steve
    Nodoze running overnight for 7 hours, otherwise idle (Wifi=off): battery went from 99% to 78%. (This is w/a Seidio 2600 mAh).

I don't have the same data w/UberK.

I switched to your v1.4.1-25 tonight, and will gather same data overnight.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Installed 1.4.1-25 tonight. Checked the cpu speed in govnah and found that it wasn't dropping down to 500mhz when the screen was off with the default governor of screenstate. I switched to ondemand and then back to screenstate and it began working correctly.

I will monitor battery utilization and update later tonight or tomorrow morning.

thanks for the hard work.

K
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Over the last couple of hours my battery burn rate is around 12%. Using the screenstate governor. No apps running, phone idle with the screen off.

K
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevank View Post
    Over the last couple of hours my battery burn rate is around 12%. Using the screenstate governor. No apps running, phone idle with the screen off.

K
    So the drain has gone from around 20%/hour to around 12% per hour going from -24 to -25?

Cheers, Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by pslag1 View Post
    Nodoze running overnight for 7 hours, otherwise idle (Wifi=off): battery went from 99% to 78%. (This is w/a Seidio 2600 mAh).

I don't have the same data w/UberK.

I switched to your v1.4.1-25 tonight, and will gather same data overnight.
    Overnight with -25 was just about the same as -24... 8 hours, went from 99% to 77% with Nodoze (otherwise idle).
  9.    #29  
    I just pushed -26 to the autobuilder with wfi re-enabled and some fine tuning done on the prcm side. Hopefully this will help out in the right direction on the battery drain (and if so, I'll be able to tweak it even further).

Cheers, Steve
  10.    #30  
    Testing on my Pre the battery drain seems markedly lower. I would be interested to know if anyone else seems the same. If others can replicate it, I have probably isolated the source and can tame it even further.

Cheers, Steve
    Testing on my Pre the battery drain seems markedly lower. I would be interested to know if anyone else seems the same. If others can replicate it, I have probably isolated the source and can tame it even further.

Cheers, Steve
    I put -26 on this afternoon. In 3 hours, I went from 100% to 90%. There was light usage, but so far, it's pretty much the same results as earlier versions. I'll get some overnight numbers again (idle w/Nodoze).
  12.    #32  
    I put -26 on this afternoon. In 3 hours, I went from 100% to 90%. There was light usage, but so far, it's pretty much the same results as earlier versions. I'll get some overnight numbers again (idle w/Nodoze).
    Hmmm... That's very different from what I've seen. Would you mind installing Battery Monitor and enabling graphing and see if there's any precipitous drops?

Cheers, Steve
    Hmmm... That's very different from what I've seen. Would you mind installing Battery Monitor and enabling graphing and see if there's any precipitous drops?

Cheers, Steve
    Will do (battery monitor).

Overnight with v26: 24% drop over 9.5 hours. (Idle w/Nodoze). So slightly better than v25.
    Will do (battery monitor).

Overnight with v26: 24% drop over 9.5 hours. (Idle w/Nodoze). So slightly better than v25.
    Hi Steve,

Pretty much same results overnight.... 14% drop over 5 hours.
    Battery monitor showed the drain to be very steady... no precipitous drops.

I've reverted back to UberK-21 to get some baseline numbers.
    I'll keep watching here in case you issue a new version.

Thanx.
  15.    #35  
    I did a test last night and the drain was 2.4% over 9 hours. Would you be able to give it a try without running nodoze to see what happens? I've also got an alternative kernel at www.fop.ns.ca/pre/uImage.bt3 that might help, but one person has reported a boot failure (though several others say it's fine) so I'm not releasing until I nail down the issue there.

Cheers, Steve
    Quick question:

In your example event.d script on the wiki page, you have:

Code:
    /usr/sbin/iptables -D INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 5222 -s 205.140.203.0/24 -j ACCEPT  > /dev/null 2>&1
    /usr/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 5222 -s 205.140.203.0/24 -j ACCEPT
    Who is that?

M.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Quick question:

In your example event.d script on the wiki page, you have:

Code:
    /usr/sbin/iptables -D INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 5222 -s 205.140.203.0/24 -j ACCEPT  > /dev/null 2>&1
    /usr/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --sport 5222 -s 205.140.203.0/24 -j ACCEPT
    Who is that?
    I'm not sure, but my pre keeps trying to talk to them over wifi and falls back to 3g. 5222 is xmpp so my guess is it's either some sort of google sync, or it's the synergy backup sync.

Cheers, Steve
    I believe I found an issue with the current kernel. Some Gameloft games (I tried Oregon Trail and NOVA) will not load, they just stay at the Gameloft splash screen. I removed the kernel and they worked again, reloaded the kernel and had the same issue.
    I did a test last night and the drain was 2.4% over 9 hours. Would you be able to give it a try without running nodoze to see what happens? I've also got an alternative kernel at www.fop.ns.ca/pre/uImage.bt3 that might help, but one person has reported a boot failure (though several others say it's fine) so I'm not releasing until I nail down the issue there.
    Hmmm... it got a little worse. Version -26 without Nodoze dropped 20% in 5 hours. That was w/wifi off, but data (3G) on. Also, I used your perl governor, but with idle = 500MHz.

Tonight I played with 125Mhz at idle, and it helped a little. Also stopped running crond and turned data off. Without Nodoze = ~ 3%/hr. With Nodoze = ~ 2%/hr.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I believe I found an issue with the current kernel. Some Gameloft games (I tried Oregon Trail and NOVA) will not load, they just stay at the Gameloft splash screen. I removed the kernel and they worked again, reloaded the kernel and had the same issue.
    Thanks for the report... Is that the -26 kernel you're running?

Cheers, Steve
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast