1.    #1  
    ok...

last item before my application is ready to publish... i need to be able to backup and restore sqllite data.

I can export the data to a csv string, but don't know what to do from there? I can send an email as text, ..... but I'd rather save a file as .csv and attach it to an email.

I'm struggling finding any file i/o methods in the reference library to use .. anybody got any ideas / examples?
    I'm the same boat as you. I might have to result to some server sided assistance (I'd hate to do that)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I know you could create a service to read/write to/from filesystem files. then if you saved your CSV somewhere safe on the USB partition then you could read from there into a variable in import into a database.

I am unaware of a way to accomplish that without a service.

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    From what I understand, there isn't a way for your application to create a file on the Pre using native Javascript calls. The only possible way, is to use the new PDK and write some code in C to do the file writing. I saw a demo at the Palm Developer Day where the presenter hooked up a simple C program to his WebOS app through Javascript and it didn't seem too difficult. The only issue now, is "where" will Palm allow your app to write external files.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist