1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a good suggestion on where to find a WebOS dev to hire? Or to post a listing for that matter?

I have a few Android apps, and want to get a few WebOS apps out, but so far I am having little success. Either they are from India and difficult to communicate with / have never done a WebOS app + want a lot more money then I paid for my Android apps.

Thanks for any help in advance.

(Sorry if this post belongs somewhere else, or is not permitted in the forums.)
    Last edited by runsweetlew; 05/02/2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    Does anyone have a good suggestion on where to find a WebOS dev to hire? Or to post a listing for that matter?
    If your ordinary avenues aren't working, why not look at some of the WebOS applications that you feel show good quality, and then query their developers directly?

Or, failing that, post on a popular website with a thread title like "looking for a dev" and see who pops out of the woodwork...

(looks at thread title, looks at website time, thinks for a second...)

Oh, you're looking for a WebOS dev! Well, depending on what you're looking to do, and how much you're offering, I might be able to take a crack at it. PM me if you want more information.
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    which android apps do you have so we have a better idea of what we'ree looking at? Thx!
    Post links to your apps, i'm sure their will some members here willing to do for a very reasonable price, or even free in exchange for x% of the sales.
  5.    #5  
    I can't post a link (not enough posts), but just search "Drudge Report Android" (its currently $.99).

I would like a simple viewer for The Drudge Report for WebOS. This does not have to be a fully featured client, and I actually wouldn't mind at least a feature to be a very simple, plain text aggregator. Should include pictures and group similar articles (take a look at the site).

I think the current feed is drudgereportfeed dot com.

After seeing how this goes, I might want to get a few other ideas I have going.

Thanks
    a little too conservative for me , but looks like a nice app! good luck!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  7.    #7  
    The funny thing is, I'm not even a conservative! Just a libertarian looking to make a buck.
    It's a listing of other people's articles. I'd check into the legality of making a paid app that doesn't post your own unique content.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  9.    #9  
    Haven't had any issues with the Android app (I have emailed the site owner previously), and there are other news aggregation apps currently in the marketplace which don't appear to be done by content creator (Digg News, Popsci.com, Forbes.com, Diggloo, Texas Lotto).

I also have another Android app which pulls from another site, and the owner of the site went out of his way to help me.

All anecdotal, but I should look into it more. Thanks for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    Haven't had any issues with the Android app (I have emailed the site owner previously), and there are other news aggregation apps currently in the marketplace which don't appear to be done by content creator (Digg News, Popsci.com, Forbes.com, Diggloo, Texas Lotto).

I also have another Android app which pulls from another site, and the owner of the site went out of his way to help me.

All anecdotal, but I should look into it more. Thanks for the input.
    Good point actually.
    I didn't think of some of those others
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Looks pretty easy to me, and I work cheap cause I do it for fun. Contact me via pm if you want me to do it.
    So you just want an RSS reader app specific to the drudge report?
    lol... this is funnier than I thought =_=

their entire website has almost no css, any mobile browser would load it without any problem.
  14.    #14  
    Yes, pretty simple app. Simplicity is king in my mind. If I didn't have to zoom and roam around the mobile browser version I would be that much happier.

The proof is in the budding, some $ has been made off of the Android version.
    I'm a webOS dev always looking for interesting projects to work on - send me a PM or email!
    My apps: FlightPredictor, LJ for WebOS (LiveJournal client), We the People, Private Browser, GAuth (Google two-factor authenticator), BoardGameGeek, PasswordHash