1.    #1  
    He

i'm develop a new virtual keyboard ...

This vkb is dynamic. The event to show the vkb is if a user set focus on a textbox. My Problem is, how can i check (ask) the event?

thanks
    I like the design but I have to ask what the spare U,S, and E are for
  3.    #3  
    r = red button, u = up, s = sym, e = submit/enter, d = delete
  4.    #4  
    push. nobody has an answer ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetBo View Post
    He

i'm develop a new virtual keyboard ...

This vkb is dynamic. The event to show the vkb is if a user set focus on a textbox. My Problem is, how can i check (ask) the event?

thanks
    Is it a TextField widget from within webOS, or a full HTML text box?

If it is a TextField created using Mojo, then do this (inside your scene's activate() function):

Code:
    this.controller.listen("textfieldID", Mojo.Event.tap, this.openVKB.bindAsEventListener(this));
    and you just do:

Code:
    SceneAssistant.prototype.openVKB = function(event) {
      //code to open VKB
    }
    That will work if you are using MOJO-generated TextField widgets and if this is a VKB inside an app. If it is a VKB for German users to replace the commonly distributed VKB through Preware, you cannot use this method.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for the response.

But thats not the solution for my problem. The Textfield is in a another app like webbrowser or youtube and is not in the vkb app.

I wrote yesterday, that i develop a dynamic vkb app that listen on the textfield focus on event.

But thats not the solution for my problem. The Textfield is in a another app like webbrowser or youtube and is not in the vkb app.

I wrote yesterday, that i develop a dynamic vkb app that listen on the textfield focus on event.
    I don't believe you're able to listen for events outside of the scope of your own application. Applications are sandboxed like that for security reasons.

That's the reason why the current Virtual Keyboard by WebOS-Internals is a deep framework patch, rather than a self-sustained app.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook

As I had said, my solution would only work if you were using it in app and not out of app.

The only thing you can do is make it a patch to the framework, as Jason has said.

But it still won't work as you require, nor will it allow you to go official through the Palm App Catalog.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  9.    #9  
    ohhh ***** ...

ok, i must find another way .... thanks for ur help!