Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A stylus would be pointless for me anyways.

After decades of using computer keyboards for everything, I can barely write legibly.

I dare some software to accurately decipher my chicken scratch. Even pharmacists would be stumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    I dare some software to accurately decipher my chicken scratch. Even pharmacists would be stumped.
    You might be surprised what software can do, mine isn't that much better.
    If heavier duty WebOS devices are on the way, a stylus option might be nice depending on your situation. I'm thinking about 3 specific instances.

1. What if it were to lead to a handwriting/transcription app. Not everyone is keen on the idea of only an onscreen keyboard, but if there were a stylus that allowed for handwriting translation, you could "write" on your slate and it would appear in the document.

2. When I first saw the iPad I thought of the UPS pads that they have you sign. With the right app, those could be updated and recipients could sign then key in their own names on the screen like the UPS driver already has to do.

3. Along the same lines, document markup/editing. No matter what advances there are in digital markup, nothing beats being able to scribble notes on the source material. Be it notes, edits, questions, comments for feed back or personal use, this is the main reason that I still use paper when I do, so I can scribble my notes for later reference.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    mm hmm
    i'd vote no stylus, but wouldn't care if it had one. i just want webOS to have a larger market, and be appreciated for how sincerely amazing it is.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    I think it would be cool, and just proper, that Palm/HP come up with the next "Graffiti". I think this should be their next INNOVATION. I dont know what it is but it sure looks and sounds good if Palm would come up with the next big thing in mobile.

Palm did GRAFFITI. Apple MULTITOUCH. I dont know what's next...

I am not sure that voice commands are gonna be the next big thing in computer input.
    Capacitive syli aren't exactly precision devices, so I say NO.

If making the device stylus friendly results in a resistive/plastic screen, then HELL NO. See the Archos IT5 for a good example of why that's a bad idea.

Glass oleophobic capacitive display all the way. A proper implementation of a touch screen OS shouldn't require anything but the device and a finger or two.

-n8
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I think it would be cool, and just proper, that Palm/HP come up with the next "Graffiti". I think this should be their next INNOVATION. I dont know what it is but it sure looks and sounds good if Palm would come up with the next big thing in mobile.

Palm did GRAFFITI. Apple MULTITOUCH. I dont know what's next...

I am not sure that voice commands are gonna be the next big thing in computer input.
    I agree with you on voice commands, I don't see that becoming any bigger than it already is (for calling from the car and such).

Graffiti itself would be a step back, because at its heart, graffiti was a language that you had to train yourself to use. Handwriting recognition has advanced far past that, in that the software now trains itself to you automatically (and even in cursive or print or a combination of the two.)
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    Capacitive syli aren't exactly precision devices, so I say NO.

If making the device stylus friendly results in a resistive/plastic screen, then HELL NO. See the Archos IT5 for a good example of why that's a bad idea.

Glass oleophobic capacitive display all the way. A proper implementation of a touch screen OS shouldn't require anything but the device and a finger or two.
    It's very possible to have a capacitive screen and an active digitizer for the pen. Wacom makes one that HP uses in the tm2 and 2740p.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I'm in agreement with stylus support for applications ie. Photoshop, but not for any part of the UI. Did I just envision Photoshop for webOS?! Heh. That would be sweet.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I would love to have pen support as long as no functions depend on it (as someone stated earlier). I use programs like Photoshop flash versions of photo editing software a lot and pen support would complete my tablet experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12