Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Not to push this thread beyond it's appropriate period of 'life'....

...but I literally ran off the road (I was running not driving) lmao on Saturday when I was listening to the Engadget podcast when Paul Miller spoke of his worst fear about HP buying Palm. (I'm paraphrasing....) '... that HP would relaunch WebOS with a limited # of pre-installed cards and that once you got about 2/3 of the way through those pre-installed cards, you would begin getting warnings to let you know you were running out of cards. Then you'd have to run out to Best Buy or Staples to buy replacement card packs which cost about half of the price of the phone itself!!" Freakin' hilarious!

As I noted above, the Engadget guys were generally very optimistic about the prospects of HPalm (as was Leo Laporte on Sunday). So basically it's really just the BOL crew who write off Palm and WebOS altogether...)
    Kevin Rose of Digg.com wasn't so positive either when I told him that HP was buying Palm, here is what his response was.

@kevinrose: (re: HP buying Palm today) HP should convert all palm phones to android, it's too late HP, give up on WebOS

So, there are others who don't even what to give webOS a chance. I am beginning to think most tech people who handle the media outlets are really clueless about most technology and only embrace what others are because they are popular, not because they work better.
  3.    #23  
    ...well "Mike" sent a great email to BOL yesterday which I was surprised to hear them reading on air. He made some great points and actually seemed to convince them that with the PDK, not only was the OS becoming more robust for phones, but that WebOS would be an ideal OS for Tablets.

It'll be interesting to see their perspective on WebOS from here forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsage View Post
    Kevin Rose of Digg.com wasn't so positive either when I told him that HP was buying Palm, here is what his response was.

@kevinrose: (re: HP buying Palm today) HP should convert all palm phones to android, it's too late HP, give up on WebOS

So, there are others who don't even what to give webOS a chance. I am beginning to think most tech people who handle the media outlets are really clueless about most technology and only embrace what others are because they are popular, not because they work better.
    So wait... you're surprised that the founder of a site that pushes up the popular stories to the front page instead of any editor doing so only embraces what is popular in the technology world as well?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I heard from my friend's, uncle's sister's brother's nephew's dog that WebOS is terrible. It must be
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsage View Post
    Maybe he is just jealous because Digloo on WebOS doesn't constantly crash like the Mobile app Digg built for Apple.

The two highest rated comments from the video showing off all of the features of the Apple Digg App:

"They forgot to demo the part where the application crashes over, and over, and over. "

"@***** agreed.
    crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, crash, "
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12