1.    #1  
    Hello guys I am going to starting a company with the hardware i have designed, since my proposal with Elevation isn't going to work since Palm got sold. To make a long story short, i was looking for a Mobile OS, something along the lines of android/windows widgets+webos multitasking.

If you think you have developed or can develop a better mobile os solution that truly multitasks i would love to hear from you. I am offering equity stake in the company for the software, so I'm pretty much looking for a partner who can bring something to the table so to speak.

I am located in the NYC/northern NJ area, so if you are located in this area it's a plus as we can meet. Please send me a message if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Elsid
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Hello guys I am going to starting a company with the hardware i have designed, since my proposal with Elevation isn't going to work since Palm got sold. To make a long story short, i was looking for a Mobile OS, something along the lines of android/windows widgets+webos multitasking.

If you think you have developed or can develop a better mobile os solution that truly multitasks i would love to hear from you. I am offering equity stake in the company for the software, so I'm pretty much looking for a partner who can bring something to the table so to speak.

I am located in the NYC/northern NJ area, so if you are located in this area it's a plus as we can meet. Please send me a message if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Elsid
    why are you limiting yourself to elevation partners? why not talk to other handset makers?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    why are you limiting yourself to elevation partners? why not talk to other handset makers?
    It's a complex matter. I only contacted Elevation because in return for my Hardware, upon exit of Elevation they would transfer their ownership to me. They would get a 100% rate of return, and i would get my own company. It was just an easier way to get a company then starting one from scratch. Since that didn't work out, now i am starting it on my own. I am not looking to liscence the products, so that is why i am not contacting other handset makers.
  4.    #4  
    Bump
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    @gselsidi: Why don't you consider MeeGo or Ubuntu Mobile?

Just out of curiosity, what platform is your design based on? I have some experience building BSPs for ARM9 (Samsung S3C2440) including CE, Android and qtopia (linux), and I'm currently porting ubuntu desktop (and have a build without X to test).
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Check out Azingo. It's got a Linux kernel.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco