1.    #1  
    Well it has been about 3 weeks since I have gotten my Pre Plus. After messing around with Home brew apps and the coding process of apps I have become really interesting in how it all works.

I know that to create apps you have to learn how to use HTML, CSS, and one other that I can't recall at the moment none of which I know. However, I am only a junior in a technology and engineering centered high school, so now is going to be this best time to start learning if I ever do plan to learn.

I just want to know what many of you developers did to get where you are today. Did you learn by taking a class somewhere in a school, or online? How long have you been creating applications( not limited to the Palm phones or even cell phones if your experience goes that far back) and when did you start.

Any kind of tips on how to begin would be great or even anything in general would be really appreciated
    Coding is easy. Some people learn best with books and classes, I prefer simple tutorials. If you want to make Mojo apps you'll need to learn JavaScript, which is probably the easiest language to pick up. w3c.org has a lot of information on that as well as HTML and CSS. I also highly recommend developer.mozilla.org. They have a lot of resources to help you learn advanced Web2.0 techniques.

A couple other things, Mojo is built on Prototype, so bookmark prototypejs.org and developer.palm.com, you can usually answer all your questions about coding for WebOS with those two resources.

If you're looking to use the PDK though, you'll need to learn some C++. Also, PDK uses SDL as the media layer so if you just google around for SDL tutorials that should help you get started with C++/SDL.
    Last edited by unfairSurprisery; 04/29/2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: whitespace
  3.    #3  
    Starting out with Mojo and Javascript would be a good idea . Anyone else have anything to contribute?
    The only thing I've got to contribute is very general programming advice: Don't get the mindset that one language can do everything perfectly. Be willing to branch out to other languages when the situation calls for it.
    And, of course, good luck.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the good advice!