Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Amid the doomy and gloomy news before today's big annoucement I was gonna jump ship and start dev'n my apps on the iPhone, but now it looks like there's going to be life in the webOS after all.

Just curious: any other developers out there deciding to stay in the webOS dev arena after today's announcement? If so, what's your specific reason (besides the obvious)?
    IMHO:

Up and coming is ALWAYS better than tried and true. But that's just me though.

I think if you come up with something new and intuitive, it'll be a LOT easier to pick up and will stand out a hell of a lot more on WebOS than on iPhone.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    hmmm... very true, my apps would get buried in the iPhone market. I never thought about that. webOS still needs a nice lil' collection of killer apps, would be sweet if mine were one of them
    I have developed three apps for WebOS so far. It's cool how easy it is. What I like about this is that like already mentioned your apps won't get overhelmed by the masses of apps for e.g. in Apple Catalog. Also the community is much better. iPhone users just want want they don't talk with you that much. You proberly have to read their minds. With my App intervalGym I got so much response in a matter of days it really makes fun to develop for them.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGiTY View Post
    Amid the doomy and gloomy news before today's big annoucement I was gonna jump ship and start dev'n my apps on the iPhone, but now it looks like there's going to be life in the webOS after all. Just curious: any other developers out there deciding to stay in the webOS dev arena after today's announcement? If so, what's your specific reason (besides the obvious)?
    jump ship? you are on the right one.

the iPhone developer market is over saturated, it is crazy. you either make it big or do not make it at all - there are way too many applications and when you release your own, you lost in the crowd. we migrated 10 of our iphone applications to the palm pre, and they are now available on the app catalog. web os is more open and developer friendly than iphone is - the question is if the user base will be as responding as the iphone user base.

i prefer to have 10 applications in 2,500 catalog than 10 in 150,000 the time now for web os is good for developers, the iphone market is done and over - especially if you are starting new.
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS