1.    #1  
    Hi all

I wanted to start this thread to see if I can get a group going of people who attended Palm Developer Day(s). There was a pretty good turnout and I would like to have talked to or met more of the people there. I was hoping that through topic replies we can all see how many of the attendees are members of pre central.net forums and find a way to develop a community and keep in touch.

Cheers
    -Alex
    I attended the Friday and Saturday sessions, and I thought the Developer Day at Palm was a big success. It was great meeting the Palm Engineers and all the Palm Enthusiasts. A lot of high energy and positive attitudes floating around every where. I certainly hope Palm continues having these Developer Days and makes it an annual event.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I have a question for you as an attendee. How was the mood? Does it seem that palm is on it's way up? I saw Ruby was there ......Were developers excited about the future of palm?
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
  4.    #4  
    I thought the mood was great. The Palm team is in no way ready to 'go gently into that good night'. There were a lot more developer attendees than I had anticipated and the mood was definitely one of excitement and optimism.
    I attended both days and sat next to cohoman on Friday.

Based on the moral at the event, there was no sign that the company was remotely in trouble. Palm is trying to improve the platform as fast as they can if given enough time, will create a very good mobile platform.

I can't wait till the next event.

David
    --
    twitter: cybler
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    I attended both days and sat next to cohoman on Friday.
    It was good meeting you, Dave. I'm waiting to see your first app, brother! Let the coding begin...
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Attended day 1, track #2, had an excellent time, very informative for a green WebOS developer, Palm goodie bag was very strong statement of Palm's support for developers and the Palm team noted the success of WebOS is directly tied to the developers. Had lunch with dbarkman, thanks David!
    Track 2 room missed Ruby's visit, but had an fun Q&A with Ben G.
    Itching to see the slides/videos of all the sessions.

I look forward to the next dev day!

My ideas are flowing, Thanks Palm!
    twitter: thestash
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Mood was upbeat. All were 'in good spirits'. The only precentral people I met were arpena and Dieter, but I knew a lot of them were there. I met a few webosroundup people too. The cool part was talking to the engineers.

I was in track 1 and got Ruby's pep talk.

It was cool going to Palm HQ, I can now take another item off my geek bucket list.
    Dieter joined track #2 late and sat directly behind me. Gave him the agreement that the Palmcast malted beverage choice is a good idea!
    I am pleased to see precentral make the trek! It was also hard to not lose focus on the slides at times with tweets coming from precentral, devs, and the track #1 room.
    twitter: thestash
    man, you guys just keep rubbing it in. like the fraternity i didn't get a bid for. hope you folks trek to the east coast if they ever hold a conference out here!
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    man, you guys just keep rubbing it in. like the fraternity i didn't get a bid for. hope you folks trek to the east coast if they ever hold a conference out here!
    Haha I feel the EXACT same way shanerooni! All the wonderful news just slightly stings more and more >.<.

I REALLY wish they have an east coast event. I'd definitely go for a whole weekend of Palm.