1.    #1  
    DO NOT RUN THIS KERNEL ETC.

My latest experiment:

www.fop.ns.ca/pre/config.141-10.2_kahn
    www.fop.ns.ca/pre/uImage.141-10.2_kahn

This is experimenting with rescheduling other BH IRQs and/or thread rescheduling so things should be more responsive. This may or may not have an effect on battery life, depending on your usage pattern.

Cheers, Steve
  2.    #2  
    Thanks to nt4cats for doing a youtube video:
  3.    #3  
    I left my Pre off charge last night to see how it would fare (wifi on but all else off):

I would be interested to know how others fare. I suspect I could reduce the battery drain even further by removing some of the wakeups.

Cheers, Steve
    Gonna give the compcache LCD scaling kernel a run for a day or two, and then I'll try my luck with Kahn. I've grown kinda dependent on your kernels... Even without any other additions, the wakeup luna crash fix is priceless.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    So many kernels, so little time...on a side note, are there plans on the drawing board to unify the various kernels out there right now in to a "hyper" kernel? ANyways, awesome work, when I'm tired of messing around with the uberkernel I might give this one (or the next iteration of your kernel) a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    So many kernels, so little time...on a side note, are there plans on the drawing board to unify the various kernels out there right now in to a "hyper" kernel? ANyways, awesome work, when I'm tired of messing around with the uberkernel I might give this one (or the next iteration of your kernel) a try!
    The Uber-Kernel is designed to include the stable features from all these experimental kernels.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7.    #7  
    Give this one a skip, it's a bit *too* aggressive stealing time for other processes (note the facebook startup where I pound the screen a few times). I'll release... oh, let's call it "kirk" some time in the next few days with a fix.

Cheers, Steve
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Uber-Kernel is designed to include the stable features from all these experimental kernels.

-- Rod
    And to emphasise... Rod is concentrating on stable features. What I am doing is experimental in nature, any useful changes get kicked up the tree into the testing kernel, the rest get trashed.

Cheers, Steve
    Cool, thanks for the info!